(sniff) my first email scam! (sniff)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
jeffmiester
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jeffmiester »

well, i must be getting up in the world, look what i got in the inbox today....

Hello. Excuse that I to you address and forgive to me my bad English
language.
Your help is necessary for me. I the student.
I study in city of Tomsk. In army of me do not take because of
illness.
The matter is that my girl was lost because of capture of hostages in
Moscow the Chechen terrorists.
We have met her of 6 years back and have grown fond each other.
And more her month with me is not present. I have no need to live more.
I more than once thought of suicide yet have not understood that I
should make.
In my soul there was one fury to terrorists. The friend has advised me
to address for the help in the Internet.
I am going to go to the Chechen Republic but at me the grant of 600
roubles (20 dollars) and consequently I address to you.
Help please to me to find even money to the ticket up to Vladikavkaz
and I am farther I shall understand.
Money you can transfer on the account (deleted)

Best regards Sergey Vorob’yov.

at least i think its a scam, hmmm :roll:
ive been away for the past few weeks, wow lots goin on! itll take me another week just to get caught up! things for sale, more cutie pies and even closed posts, man i love this place!!

bye, jeff :wink:

[edited because it's fun!]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jeffmiester on 2002-12-31 12:08 ]</font>
raindog1970
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by raindog1970 »

You're late Jeff... maybe you were chosen to be included in a second spam attack on C&F members! :lol:
http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... 27&forum=1
Regards,
Gary Humphrey

♪♣♫Humphrey Whistles♫♣♪

[Raindogs] The ones you see wanderin' around after a rain. Ones that can't find their way back home. See the rain washes off the scent off all the mail boxes and the lamposts, fire hydrants. – Tom Waits
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

Yeah, it's a scam. I got the Chechen one too. I get a lot of these (sigh!). Ah well, it's better than the &$%# lichen links the spammers keep sending me!

Redwolf
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

But have you sent your offering to Bro. Michael Ndlovu?
Reasonable person
Walden
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

I got that one too. I get a lot of "religious sounding" scams (I guess because of EpiscoTalk), and those infuriate me the most, I think...using the name of Christ to steal!

Redwolf
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

I got it, too.
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

I got this one:
Hi, I am suffering an affliction you may never have heard of and doctors can't cure. It's called Whoa. I won't bore you with the details. The treatment is very expensive and long term. Unless I receive regular infusions of necessary medical supplies, I become very ill and my sanity becomes tenable. I need to have a regular supply of metal and wood tubes and fipples (too complicated to describe) to sustain my equilibrium. As you are clearly a compassionate and sympathetic person, I entreat you to give me your credit card or paypal account. Thank you in advance,
DW

What do you make of it? I feel really sorry for this guy.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

Funny...
I post to "former USSR" pretty often, visit some sites there, and sign in at times. This started with Fidonet before Internet.

It did bring me pretty much spam, but they get discouraged easily (just don't follow up) and it's more : " fast bucks at home through Internet" or "Such and such factory offering you a bargain on a shipment of 25 000 tons crude oil from Baku / 2 000 steel near-mint freight containers / 2 tons spare parts for AK47, etc.". They're just fishing; after all, I might be a wealthy wheeler-dealer who knows (but I and my banker) ?
Yeah I forgot the marriage offers to some very educated young (or not so young) women. Less and less of this, though; here, I'm puzzled: given my age I should be attacked more an more. Do they know my banker :???:

Did I avoid scams because I post in cyrilic (BTW 4 page-codes minimum to choose from... there's more than one "russian" HTML encoding), so I don't get in the "export" listings ?

Anyway, this one scam is lousy. I'd shed at least one cheap tear if I had someone call me for help from Tchetchnya. They do need it there. Or did : now they're supposed to be on the wrong side of the Crusade. It's a lousy thing for someone, especially Russian, to try a fast buck on this hoorible issue we've all lamely watched for years...

BTW : Russian (better said : former-soviet-- they're not all Russians) students, especially the internet-savvy, have an excellent written English. Better than mine, at any rate. Someone writing to you with such an unscholared English is pulling your leg just as I sometimes do for fun, you knnnigggets! But no wink here; this time of day and year makes the word Tchetchnya a downer...
Time I was writing, it went just past midnight for them GMT+2. Happy New Year, you all from the Prison of Nations... May this century be better to you than the former.
Sandy Jasper

Post by Sandy Jasper »

Tony

Great one!!!:lol:
WyoBadger
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

I got this one, once:

Hello. Your computer has been infected with the Polish virus. Please forward this message to everyone on your mailing list, then manually delete everything on your hard drive.
TW
Cyfiawnder

Post by Cyfiawnder »

I got the Chechnyan one a few weeks ago. Not that long after a spammer bot posted on the Message board :smile:
Justinus say guiness in hand worth two in ice-box.
TomB

Post by TomB »

I got this same spam also.