Still looking for Bb Thin Weasel

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
lhamfel1
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Still looking for Bb Thin Weasel

Post by lhamfel1 »

Can anyone help ? Still looking for a Glenn Shultz Thin Weasel in Bb. Will give it a good home. Thanks.
Feadoggie
antispam: No

Re: Still looking for Bb Thin Weasel

Post by Feadoggie »

You know that Glenn has been gone for more than six years now, right? Those whistles are held in great esteem by their owners and they rarely come up for sale now. I know I am not parting with any of mine. You might be able to find a Water Weasel in Bb which, while it is not the same as a Thin Weasel, is still quite a good whistle from Glenn's hand. Good luck.

Feadoggie
I've proven who I am so many times, the magnetic strips worn thin.
MTGuru
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by MTGuru »

I'd also note that Paul Busman (brewerpaul here) studied whistle making under Glenn. So his Busman Whistles may be of interest.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Feadoggie

Post by Feadoggie »

MTGuru wrote:I'd also note that Paul Busman (brewerpaul here) studied whistle making under Glenn. So his Busman Whistles may be of interest.
Bb?
I've proven who I am so many times, the magnetic strips worn thin.
ecohawk
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by ecohawk »

It wouldn't hurt to ask Paul to consider making a Bb. Look what happened when we bugged Carey Parks. He's also a former student of Glenn's and while his new Bb is not exactly like Glenn's water weasel it is really similar in construction and it ain't bad. I've got both and I really like the tone/volume feature of Carey's whistle. You could do a lot worse, that's for sure.

ecohawk
"Never get one of those cheap tin whistles. It leads to much harder drugs like pipes and flutes." - anon
PhilO
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by PhilO »

My first high end whistle was a Thin Weasle D cocobolo which I still and will always have both because it's a fine whistle and because Glenn made it. Funny how he used to send me a box of Bflat whistles to choose from and now you just can't get one.

Don't limit your search to Thin Weasles; Glenn made excellent Water Weasels in that key and as part of Bflat/A sets.

If you're just looking for a solid Bflat, don't rule out Susato either - I have 2 and they are excellent.

And what an idea - what about it Paul - a Bflat?

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

I don't make Bb, but wish I could. My Thin Weasel Bb is the best whistle I've ever played: any pitch, any maker, any material. One of these days I oughta give it a try just for fun. Who knows...
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
ecohawk
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by ecohawk »

brewerpaul wrote:One of these days I oughta give it a try just for fun. Who knows...

Well I know one thing you'll sell one to me, that's for sure. :thumbsup:

ecohawk
"Never get one of those cheap tin whistles. It leads to much harder drugs like pipes and flutes." - anon