Finnigan Whistle Tune ID

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
chris_coreline
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Finnigan Whistle Tune ID

Post by chris_coreline »

On Brian Finnigan's album 'The Ravishing Genious of Bones' there is a track called Joy it is a set of three tunes. It starts as a slow tune, mooves into a quicker tune, and finally ends up as a neckbreaking reel which is ace, and the subject of this post.
I have lernt the reel a bit and im having trouble finding a mustard bored entry for it.

Does anyone have a name for this last fast reel in this set?
kkrell
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: Finnigan Whistle Tune ID

Post by kkrell »

Psst.... look inside the booklet.

On the CD, he names them as "Seasick Dee" (Damien O'Kane) / "Two For Joy" (Brian Finnegan) / "Castlerock Road" (Damien O'Kane).

Castlerock Road also seems to be called "The Princess Gardens"

The 3rd tune is at http://www.thesession.org/tunes/display/10255 . ABCs, Sheet Music, and Read the comments.

slow learner version by Brian: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mE9khrYJ1s
Last edited by kkrell on Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
chris_coreline
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: Finnigan Whistle Tune ID

Post by chris_coreline »

thanks... i ment to say, i only have the musin on (legal) mp3 - so pas de booklet.

but this solves the problem, im supprised its not a finnigan tune, it certanly sounds like one!