Laughing Whistles?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
avanutria
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Does anyone have any experience with the telescoping Laughing Whistle?

http://members.tripod.com/nherbison/

What are your thoughts? Do you know of any other whistles that can become really compact? I'm not interested in shrill ones like high G, more along the lines of ones that can be easily fit into a pocket and reassembled when needed. Bonus if it comes with a case.
rich
i see what you did there
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by rich »

Clare makes a cheap one that splits in half, which while occupying the same amount of space fits conveniently in a pocket.
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Is it a good one? Do you happen to have a link?

Ah, I've found the info in C&F.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: avanutria on 2001-08-21 16:49 ]</font>
rich
i see what you did there

Post by rich »

I haven't played it -- there's a writeup in the inexpensive whistles section of C&F.
claudine
Tell us something.: Hi, I am a choir singer from Luxembourg trying to get back to Irish flute playing after a few years of absence from ITM.

Post by claudine »

I have a laughing whistle. It has a very soft and sweet sound, tuning is perfect. Air requirements are very small, and I had a big clogging problem, which got better after 1 week of playing, but still exists. I like it nevertheless because I can carry it around in my pocket, and I can play it almost anywhere, because it's not loud. But it's more difficult to play than a standard whistle. It's good for practice, but not for performing.
Ron Rowe

Post by Ron Rowe »

avanutria,
I have a Clare 2 piece I got from Steve at shannaquay and it has become my favorite whistle. Easy air requirements, lovely sound, with just a bit of grit to it so that you know it's a whistle and not a recorder of flute and when broken down it easily fits into your pocket.