Hey Brian, what was that tuner you have?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Ron Rowe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Ron Rowe »

I noticed at the seeion in SLC you had a small tuner in your whistle case, what kind was it and about how much did it set you back? I have been wanting to pick one up but have been to lazy to do the homework on them.

By the way, I get my vcr out of the shop thurs. so I'll make you that tape and send it this weekend.
Brian Lee
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Brian Lee »

Hi Ron!

It's the black kind! Just like every tune I play is in 'whistle key'. I don't remember the make straight off the top of my head, and it's buried in the back of my car at the moment, so I'm not gonna go grab it just yet.

It's digital, and cost me about $30 I believe. It's got a setting for individual notes, or it can tell you what note you're sounding automaticly. It's supposedly accurate down to the 'cent' or one hundredth the difference between two full notes. ie:C and C#.

KORG maybe? I really don't remember. I'll look in the next day or two. What'd ya think of the case?

B~
Ron Rowe

Post by Ron Rowe »

I loved the case, especially the way it doubles for a bohran. Incedently, I picked up a borhan for Mikki yesterday, she was still up playing it at 1:00 this morning. What have I done?
Brian Lee
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Brian Lee »

OK Ron,

Here ya go:

Seiko Chromatic Tuner
ST-747

And I paid like $32 bucks with tax. Close enough? :smile:

And it sounds like you'll be hosting a hooley at your place every day for some time now! ENJOY! :wink:

B~
Ron Rowe

Post by Ron Rowe »

Thanks Brian,
I'm going to run over to the music shop at lunch and see if they have one. As for the hooley every night, I'm sure the neighbors and the local constabulary will have something to say about that!!!