Quality whistles for SALE

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
starstutu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Quality whistles for SALE

Post by starstutu »

I'm moving overseas and I want to cut down on what I will take with me. I don't think I will be playing much in the future.

One high "D" Weasel blackwood. This is in new condition. I bought this from a collector and it's been played probably not more than 30 minutes. I'm asking $470.00 And I've paid much more then this for it.

One Copeland brass low "D". In great condition. Asking $325.00

One Chieftain Gold low "D". This is a very strong player. It has a strong low or bell note. Asking $165.00

Please email me if you're interested. I will respond to all emails.
Last edited by starstutu on Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crickett
antispam: No

Post by crickett »

pm sent
starstutu

Re: Quality whistles for SALE

Post by starstutu »

starstutu wrote:I'm moving overseas and I want to cut down on what I will take with me. I don't think I will be playing much in the future.

One high "D" Weasel blackwood. This is in new condition. I bought this from a collector and it's been played probably not more than 30 minutes. I'm asking $470.00 And I've paid much more then this for it.

One Chieftain Gold low "D". This is a very strong player. It has a strong low or bell note. Asking $165.00

I've changed the price of the Weasel and the Copeland. A well-known whistle maker contacted me and he was kind enough to tell me that my prices are too low for these two whistles. And if I don't sell them on this site, to sell them on Ebay. It's nice to see that there are still nice and caring people left in this world.
CranberryDog
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by CranberryDog »

May all your dreams come true.
crickett

Post by crickett »

I've sent two emails. If you have not received them, please email or PM me. Thanks, and Happy Holidays!.
ned o the hill

Post by ned o the hill »

ditto
(¯¯[]¯¯¯¯ ((¯¯¯¯¯¯¯o¯O¯o¯O¯O¯o¯¯¯¯)

Go gcoinní Dia i mbosa a láimhe thú

Ned o' the Hill
Low Whistler and Goat Whacker
starstutu

Post by starstutu »

starstutu wrote:
starstutu wrote:I'm moving overseas and I want to cut down on what I will take with me. I don't think I will be playing much in the future.

One Chieftain Gold low "D". This is a very strong player. It has a strong low or bell note. Asking $265.00

I've changed the price of the Weasel and the Copeland. A well-known whistle maker contacted me and he was kind enough to tell me that my prices are too low for these two whistles. And if I don't sell them on this site, to sell them on Ebay. It's nice to see that there are still nice and caring people left in this world.
starstutu

Post by starstutu »

starstutu wrote:

One Chieftain Gold low "D". This is a very strong player. It has a strong low or bell note. Asking $265.00

Key_of_D

Post by Key_of_D »

So what is a "quality whistle" anyway? ... I find my Generations and Feadogs to be quality whistles, but hey that's just me... :-?
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.
starstutu

2 Whistles Sold

Post by starstutu »

I just sold the Copeland low "D" and the Chieftain Gold. I still have the Weasel blackwood. I thought that one forsure would be the first to go. It's very loud so maybe that's why it hasn't sold. But it's like new and has it's own custom wood case. Carlos
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Re: 2 Whistles Sold

Post by Loren »

starstutu wrote: I still have the Weasel blackwood. I thought that one forsure would be the first to go. It's very loud so maybe that's why it hasn't sold. But it's like new and has it's own custom wood case. Carlos
IMO, and I've been around a while and have bought and sold several of these whistles, $470. is a bit high for a Thin Weasel. I'm not saying that the whistle isn't worth that, since value is in the mind of the would be buyer, but really, only O'Riordans routinely bring that sort of money.

I have no interest in buying the whistle, so I have no vested interest in driving the price down. I do happen to be a fan of Glenn's work, so no one should take my comments as any sort of statement outright or implied that Wooden Weasels aren't as good as anything else out there. I simply think you will have trouble moving the whistle at that price, perhaps I am mistaken.

Good luck with your sales :)

Loren
CranberryDog

Re: 2 Whistles Sold

Post by CranberryDog »

Loren wrote:
starstutu wrote: I still have the Weasel blackwood. I thought that one forsure would be the first to go. It's very loud so maybe that's why it hasn't sold. But it's like new and has it's own custom wood case. Carlos
IMO, and I've been around a while and have bought and sold several of these whistles, $470. is a bit high for a Thin Weasel. I'm not saying that the whistle isn't worth that, since value is in the mind of the would be buyer, but really, only O'Riordans routinely bring that sort of money.

I have no interest in buying the whistle, so I have no vested interest in driving the price down. I do happen to be a fan of Glenn's work, so no one should take my comments as any sort of statement outright or implied that Wooden Weasels aren't as good as anything else out there. I simply think you will have trouble moving the whistle at that price, perhaps I am mistaken.

Good luck with your sales :)

Loren
Thin Weasels routinely sell for $500 plus on eBay and at the Irish Flute Store. Just a matter of fact. Cheers, Cyril.