Who can guess _my_ identity?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Porridge

Post by Porridge »

I am without doubt one of the <u>most important people</u> ever to have posted to this board. My name will go down in the political history of the late 20th century. Unfortunately, I myself have gone down in another sense quite recently. And I don't mean the vulgar American sense. I know all about American slang: I make good use of it my books, doggone it.

Yes, books. Author? Why, I am a real author. I have sold more books than Paddy Keenan has played notes. I have rubbed shoulders with the great political figures of Europe. I have been a trusted intimate of Mrs. Thatcher, and in fact at this very moment I am a guest of Her Majesty the Queen, in one of her London establishments.

For the moment let me say that, like your Mr. Clinton, with whom I share an amazing talent for bouncing back from adversity (it's being put to the test just now), the nature of my relationship with a woman named Monica has been the subject of an enduring and may I say unhealthy and salacious interest to the press and public. Of course, I don't need to tell you that I did not have s** with that woman! I have ever been faithful to my fragrant wife.

I shall reveal all in due course. I just thought that you lesser whistlers might be interested to know of the presence of a truly Great Man among you.
Brian Lee
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Brian Lee »

J. Edgar Hoover?

Nope..can't be. Too many manly references!

:smile:
DrGiggles
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by DrGiggles »

Oh? And what makes a man great? Obviously not his humility. :lol:

What makes a man important? Who He Knows? (Unlikely) What he's done? (Partially) How he did it? (Very Likely)

Sorry, the last important man I knew was nailed to a pole two thousand years ago for saying that we should be nice to each other.
Mick Woodruff

Post by Mick Woodruff »

I know who you are. Despite all those terrible books you've written (okay that's unfair, I never actually read any of them), I feel a little sorry for you right now, after all, you did only tell a few porkies to try and protect the innocent, didn't you? At least you have more pleasant accommodation now. The first couple of weeks are probably the hardest. Keep a stiff upper lip and see you in about four years.<P>Mick <P>PS Your identity will not be revealed by me. Keep on whistling - oh yes, are you allowed to keep a whistle in your "room", or does Her Majesty's pleasure not stretch that far? How long have you been playing? (The whistle of course!).
Cinead

Post by Cinead »

On 2001-08-15 17:15, DrGiggles wrote:
Oh? And what makes a man great? Obviously not his humility. :lol:

What makes a man important? Who He Knows? (Unlikely) What he's done? (Partially) How he did it? (Very Likely)

Sorry, the last important man I knew was nailed to a pole two thousand years ago for saying that we should be nice to each other.
Right on Doc.

Cinead
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Who cares...this is a WHISTLE forum.
Porridge

Post by Porridge »

Hey Frank, for someone who chose DrGiggles for a handle, you're a pretty serious guy! Should I have written <b>"spoof! spoof!"</b> all over my post?

Cinead, you started all this nonsense! I was just carrying on where you left off. I thought that of all members, you might have realized who the joke was aimed at. Ah well.

And yes, Raymond, it is a whistle forum. That is exactly the point I wanted to make.

Why do we get the politicians we do (including "me")? Because the public take self-important people at face value. I was amazed that almost everyone seemed to take the previous "identity" post seriously, and even more amazed that you guys took mine at face value.

Good man, Mick, you rumbled "me", though. I had wondered if I should ban UK residents from entering the contest.

BTW the rest of you can discover "my" identity in 0.23 seconds with a Google search on "author fragrant Monica".

Auf wiederlesen,
Porridge
Blaine McArthur

Post by Blaine McArthur »

Good Lord, Archie, is it really you? Ah, you scoundrel, you got what you deserved you libelous........

I personally didn't take Cinead's thread serious at all. In fact I really didn't follow it too closely, because I was morally indigant about the fragrant misuse of precious C & F message board resources.

cheers

Blaine
Jose Ortega y Gasset
Feadan

Post by Feadan »

On 2001-08-16 06:57, Porridge wrote:
Should I have written <b>"spoof! spoof!"</b>
I thought the spoof element was quite plain from the get go and also pretty funny.

P.S. Porridge, I left you a private message :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feadan on 2001-08-16 12:21 ]</font>
dakotamouse

Post by dakotamouse »

OK so I'm not good at figuring out these little riddles but I enjoyed them anyway. Nothing wrong with a little fun. If you don't like the thread just skip it.
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Okay, Okay, it's time that the truth come out. I am actually the love child of Amelia Erhardt and Jimmy Hoffa. As a young child I was stolen by a renegade clan of nomadic cowboys, which is how I originally came to be in Wyoming. As I wandered the world searching for the truth about my roots (during which time I invented the polio vaccine, made a killing in soap futures, had lunch on a regular basis with the Sultan of Brunei--he's really a hoot to be around--and got in on the ground floor of Gutenburg's printing business, which is why I'm a trillionaire today: I get a small royalty every time printed material is sold), I aquired the remarkable wisdom, rapier wit, phenominal musical prowess, and world-class abilities as a competitive lumberjack for which I am universally known today.

So, that's the real story about me. Oh, but I almost forgot to mention that I was actually raised by badgers. There. So, I guess that's about it. Nothing all that interesting, really.

Well, I'd better get back to this AIDS cure I'm working on...

Tom