Thousand $$ Whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
dwinterfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Thousand $$ Whistle

Post by dwinterfield »

This O'Riordan set just sold on e-bay for $1047. Is this a record?

I wonder how many of us have seperate insurance for our musical instruments?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... otohosting
Byll
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

Unbelievable... At these prices, my O'Riordans are worth the price of a very, very nice used car...I have always respected Pat for never commenting on the insanity that surrounds the sale of his creations.

Best to all.
Byll
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979
walrii

Re: Thousand $$ Whistle

Post by walrii »

dwinterfield wrote:I wonder how many of us have seperate insurance for our musical instruments?
I practice second octave tunes on my Feadog while in my truck or while my wife is at work so she won't take it away.
The Walrus

What would a wild walrus whistle if a walrus could whistle wild?

The second mouse may get the cheese but the presentation leaves a lot to be desired.
pipersgrip
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by pipersgrip »

no, i have seen a set go for almost 1400. the travellers set is the less expensive one, think of the concert set. what a master artisan!
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan
PhilO
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by PhilO »

Wow, I never realized what a bargain I got a couple of years ago; I got my Traveler D/C set for a mere $700 on E-Bay. Very fine whistles and I'm glad I have them. I paid Pat's prices for the rest of my Travelers (Bflat/A, G, D). To my tastes, he's worked a particular magic with the mid range - Bflat, A and G. Copeland has that sort of magic with the ends - high and low D fairly consistently from what I can gather. My G is also great but I only know one other person with a G and he loves it too.

Never will you find two more dissimilar whistles in the same key than the O'Riordan Traveler and Copeland G; the former has the most angellic heavenly tone and the latter the most growly tone - both spectacular.

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.