CP: Email-Situation at Overton Germany

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Goldie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

CP: Email-Situation at Overton Germany

Post by Goldie »

Hello and apologies to anyone who is waiting for an email-reply from us.

As many of you know emails always have been answered by Brigitte, my wife. Since moving to Germany she has been organising my office and most important been the line out to the world in answering our emails. She always answers emails personally and does not want to have an automatic reply system or shop software. Her usual response time was around 3 days, aiming to not be later than a couple of weeks if we had been out for a short break. She has been able to do all this for me besides her normal day job.

Middle of last year her work situation changed, the company she works for forced her to do more hours which affected the response times at home. Then she got problems with her hands and could not type at all which took some months to be sorted out and quite an email backlog piled up. Towards the end of last year she had been able to catch up on most of these but still we started the new year with a backlog.

Unfortunately since early February she is ill again, having had three small operations already with another one ahead of her in the next couple of weeks, consequently our email situation is worse than it has ever been before and will not change for possibly another month before she is fully recovered. I will do what I can to answer some but I need to spend most of the time in the workshop.

We will answer your enquiry or technical questions as soon as she is able to work on the computer again. Being late in answering will not affect your waiting times on a whistle which varies depending on the keys you are interested in. She will make sure that your email incoming date will be the base for the rest of your waiting time.

Some people know that I have never been as good an email writer as I am a whistle maker and I hope you would prefer me being in the workshop making or working on your instruments instead of being on the computer stumbling over the keyboard.

We apologise for having to wait for our email replys but ensure you it will not affect the waiting time or the quality of the instruments.

All the best
Colin
and Brigitte sends her regards, too
brewerpaul
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

All our best to you and Brigitte-- hope she's up and running again soon.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
dyersituations
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by dyersituations »

I hope everything goes well for you.

-Casey
Life is good.
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Re: CP: Email-Situation at Overton Germany

Post by Loren »

Goldie wrote:I hope you would prefer me being in the workshop making or working on your instruments instead of being on the computer stumbling over the keyboard.

Ah, well there's your problem right there Colin: You're not supposed to stand on the keyboard and type with your feet! Use you hands and fingers man!! :P

In all seriousness, hang in there my friend, and please convey my regards and well wishes to Brigitte - she'll be in my thoughts for the her upcoming surgery and recovery.

Loren
Last edited by Loren on Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

I'm so sorry to hear that. Good luck Brigitte and get better soon.
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

Thanks for the update. Best wishes to you both.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Yes, definitely! Thoughts and best wishes to you
both. love to Brigitte.
brianholton

Post by brianholton »

Brigitte's hand problems: it would be well worth consulting a doctor of traditionalChinese medicine. They just seem to know more about muscles, bones and tendons.

I've seen friends, told by quacks they'd have to give up playing, permanently cured in a very short time.

TCM works....

b
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Best of luck with Brigitte's recovery, and I only wish I were in that load of emails, 'cause that would mean I could actually order an Overton. :)

Hope all turns out well.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Hi Colin,

My best wishes for Brigitte's recovery.

(at the risk of frightening those on the waiting list) Sounds like you both need a holiday! :boggle:
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Gosh, I'm sorry to hear Brigitte has been having so many problems. I hope she will have this hard time behind her soon. Please give her my best wishes.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
arnie

Post by arnie »

Colin an Birgitte, I'm sorry to hear about the problems. Get well soon, Birgitte, all the best. Some extra work to do for you Colin, take it easy.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Get well soon Brigitte!

I'm delighted with the 'C' that just arrived, it really is an amazing instrument. I'm looking forward to two more of your whistles before the year is out.
Brigitte

Thanks a lot for the good wishes

Post by Brigitte »

Still recovering but I am finally able to sit in front of the computer and work again, it is this week 3 full months that I was not working... and it was a tough time for me being advised to not do anything when seeing that work is piling up more and more.

I wanted to say "Thanks" for all the good wishes and advise for my hand problems, too. The hand problem is basically under control with alternative methods. Colin's brother is a trained TCM and he forbid me last year to get an operation. I found a rolfing therapist and his work has helped tremendously with eliminanting numb fingers and pain. The illness I got this year is now also in the last healing processes. I was afraid to have another operation (fourth in 6 weeks) last week Thursday. LUCKILY :party: when I was "on the table for being operated" the doctor said that it was not necessary anymore.... I was over the moon when I heard this and still am. Today is my first email answering day and it possibly will take me weeks to catch up, it all depends on my day job and how much claiming hourwise this one will be.

I look forward to at some point in the next weeks be up-to-date. Thanks for the patience with me/us and the support.

Brigitte

P.S. Anything urgent please mark your email with this or give Colin a call.
Wenn die Klügeren nachgeben,
regieren die Dummköpfe die Welt.
(Jean Claude Riber)
Anita's Dad

voice recognition software

Post by Anita's Dad »

Several years ago, a computer expert and writer, who I admire, developed severe problems with his hands and wrists.

He finally started using voice recognition software so he could talk to his computer instead of using his hands so much. It worked out pretty well. Today's programs allow you to both control your computer and dictate text.

If you have a moderately powerful and fairly up-to-date computer, there are some GREAT programs (and not too expensive) that could be a godsend.

As computers advance, these programs get better and better. Perfect? No, but they can really slash how much you have to rely on your hands.

I just went through some surgery and can really relate to what your going through.

Best wishes!