Ceird an Cheoil, Tg4, Low whistles.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
flanum
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Ceird an Cheoil, Tg4, Low whistles.

Post by flanum »

The program last tues night was about Low Whistles, very interesting. it should be on web tv,... . try:

http://www.tg4.tv/channels/SileArchive. ... itle=Ceird an Cheoil - 3/4/2007

slan.
Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
Tony McGinley

Post by Tony McGinley »

Thanks for pointing this one out - a most enjoyable
half hour documentary on the low whistle.

I would have certainly missed it otherwise.
Tony McGinley

<i><b>"The well-being of mankind,
its peace and security,
are unattainable unless and until
its unity is firmly established."
<i><b>
greenspiderweb
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by greenspiderweb »

:) a double
Last edited by greenspiderweb on Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
greenspiderweb

Post by greenspiderweb »

Yes, thank you, flanum! That was nice, even if seen on dial up (as I have), in bits and pieces, it was worth the time to see and hear anyway. Good stuff!

PS I posted it over on the Flute Forum too, in case they don't get over here to find out about it.
~~~~
Barry
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

I really enjoyed this show, very nice to see Hammy's workshop (actually didn't know he made low whistles! :o ) and to hear some of my favorite artists playing the low, almost made me regret selling mine off, except they hurt my hands and wrists to play.

Very worthwhile show!

M
cavefish
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: been out of it for awhile and decided to start back up on the flute and whistle , been doing NAFs and saxophones

Post by cavefish »

that was nice thanks for sharing that :D
flutey1

Post by flutey1 »

I <3 TG4 :) thanks for posting that, it's really great!

cheers,
Sara
greenspiderweb

Post by greenspiderweb »

Whistlin'Dixie wrote:I really enjoyed this show, very nice to see Hammy's workshop (actually didn't know he made low whistles! :o ) and to hear some of my favorite artists playing the low, almost made me regret selling mine off, except they hurt my hands and wrists to play.

Very worthwhile show!

M
I think what Hammy was making in his workshop is the practice flutes in aluminum-but I could be wrong-my video wasn't the best; it was in bits and pieces-but I didn't see any fipples. I think he said when he first started out, he thought about making low whistles, but I'm not certain-anybody know what it said for sure in the video about Hammy and whistles?
~~~~
Barry
plamas

Post by plamas »

I suppose this is a good a place as any...and better than most to explain my involvement with low whistles.
I was making low whistles in the Ceird an Ceoil program, but what's causing the confusion is that they are currently not commercially available. I wanted that to come across in the program, but I suppose it got lost somewhere in the editing. I've been developing a low whistle over the last few years, and the first models should be available for sale later in the summer.
If anybody wants to contact me directly about them, feel free to do so, an I'll let everybody know when I do have some for sale.
Thanks for all the kind comments.
Hammy
michael_coleman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play the first flute Jon Cochran ever made but haven't been very active on the board the last 9-10 years. Life happens I guess...I owned a keyed M&E flute for a while and I kind of miss it.

Post by michael_coleman »

All the greats make appearances: McGoldrick, Finnegan, Breatnach, Spillane, Finbar. I've heard that getting interviews with McGoldrick are tough so you should definately watch this.
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

plamas wrote:I suppose this is a good a place as any...and better than most to explain my involvement with low whistles.
I was making low whistles in the Ceird an Ceoil program, but what's causing the confusion is that they are currently not commercially available. I wanted that to come across in the program, but I suppose it got lost somewhere in the editing. I've been developing a low whistle over the last few years, and the first models should be available for sale later in the summer.
If anybody wants to contact me directly about them, feel free to do so, an I'll let everybody know when I do have some for sale.
Thanks for all the kind comments.
Hammy

Thank you Hammy!

I look forward to playing them... I'm sure we all do!
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert