CP: Season's greetings from Oz-Whistles

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Mitch
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

CP: Season's greetings from Oz-Whistles

Post by Mitch »

Hi All,

Christmas is near, and I've been humming and Ha-ing about how best way to return some of the great value this message board has been for me over the last year or so. Of course, it's impossible - C&F provides a community service to devotees of the humble pennywhistle that cannot be equalled!

So, in what measure I may, I will do the best I can:

Since C&F inspired me to launch the Oz Whistles project early this year, I have been dedicated to bringing support for players into my part of the world. Previously, there was nothing, at the most the pennywhistle was supported in a patchy way for those who did a lot of digging or knew someone "in-the-know" - fine for old hands but no good for anyone trying to get started on the instrument. That's all changed now. Through participation in this board and others and attendance at every folk festival, session and event that I can reach, I have made the instrument accessible to a great many beginners as well as a few seasoned old-hands! I am particularly heartenned by the way that children instantly "get it" - the future is bright!

Of course there is only one of me - I could wish for a dozen or more clones to spread the service wider! But the reality is that my labors will continue on "max" for another year or 2 before I can say I've brought the profile of pennywhistles back into line with where it should be in Oz.

There's another half a year in our folk festival season with many of the major ones ahead - I'll be at all the ones that my travelling rig will reach. If I can't reach you, my contact details are on the website.

As always, the showroom and online service continue - sometime soon(ish), we might even crack the last bug and get the new website going :lol: .

[commercial bit] - Christmas carols sound very nice on whistle! There's a few nice bargains there - have a look! www.ozwhistles.com [/commercial bit]

Thanks, once again, to Dale and his helpers for making this board what it is! No money can buy what is done out of love.

I wish all the folks of C&F a great Christmas season wherever you are - be good to each other and drive carefully!

Best regards

Mitch
Congratulations
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Congratulations »

Mitch, you're a pip! :)

Merry holidays to ya!
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Buckeye67

Post by Buckeye67 »

You're a good man, Mitch - keep up the good work!

Here's wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday season (and a safe one too). :)
boomerang

Post by boomerang »

Good onya Mitch,
Keep the faith, stay focused.
make a diference, and enjoy the ride.
The difference between a dream and a reality is effort, and determination,
You have what it takes,
Cheers, beers and tunes to ya!!!!,
Just do what you do do well
Regards :D
David
Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level then beat you with experience!!
bdh
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I caught the trad bug listening to Liam O'Flynn. Started on whistle, then moved to pipes. Tricky Basmatis, but I love 'em.

Post by bdh »

Cheers Mitch! All the best for the holiday season, B.
"It isn't etiquette to cut any one you've been introduced to. Remove the joint." ~ Lewis Carroll
~William~

Post by ~William~ »

I secound that cheers! :party:
I believe that a man is the strongest soldier for daring to die unarmed.
-Mahatma Ghandi
shadeclan

Re: CP: Season's greetings from Oz-Whistles

Post by shadeclan »

Mitch wrote: Of course there is only one of me - I could wish for a dozen or more clones to spread the service wider!
You might ask Stick or some of his less-connected relatives for a little help . . . :)
We've got a date with destiny . . . and it looks like she's ordered the lobster!
-Shoveler