Susato rec***er

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Susato rec***er

Post by Walden »

Anyone have a Susato rec***er they'd part with cheap? I might be interested.
Reasonable person
Walden
cutterpup
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by cutterpup »

Contemplating stepping over the line are we? Come, experience The Force through a recorder.
Judy and The Cutterpup
31 cameras, 11 recorders, 14 whistles, 3 mountain dulcimers, 1 vintage practice chanters, 1 wooden mystery flute, 1 hammered dulcimer, 1 bowed psaltry, 1 clarinet, 1 husband, 2 kids, 2 kids-in-law, 2 grandkids, 2 cats, 1 dog
walrii

Post by walrii »

I thought the r******r should be refered to as "The Fipple Flute That Cannot Be Named" but then I'm a big Harry Potter fan.
The Walrus

What would a wild walrus whistle if a walrus could whistle wild?

The second mouse may get the cheese but the presentation leaves a lot to be desired.
cutterpup

Post by cutterpup »

walrii wrote:I thought the r******r should be refered to as "The Fipple Flute That Cannot Be Named" but then I'm a big Harry Potter fan.
Sooo, I need to search my arms for "The Mark"????
Judy and The Cutterpup
31 cameras, 11 recorders, 14 whistles, 3 mountain dulcimers, 1 vintage practice chanters, 1 wooden mystery flute, 1 hammered dulcimer, 1 bowed psaltry, 1 clarinet, 1 husband, 2 kids, 2 kids-in-law, 2 grandkids, 2 cats, 1 dog
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I have one I might be willing to part with but why do you want one?
walrii

Post by walrii »

cutterpup wrote:Sooo, I need to search my arms for "The Mark"????
That, or just check your right ring finger and pinkie. If they have two small circles imbedded on them instead of one large circle on the ring finger and none on the pinkie then you are a player of the "Fipple Flute That Cannot Be Named." (Be careful when playing the second octave - a twitching left thumb is a dead give away to the Jedi.) Welcome to the Dark Side, bwuhahahaha.

Hmm, I seemed to have mixed up my movie references, Ah well. No matter, it's all majic anyway!
The Walrus

What would a wild walrus whistle if a walrus could whistle wild?

The second mouse may get the cheese but the presentation leaves a lot to be desired.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Oooo, did it sound like I did not hold this instrument in high regard?

It is very very loud like a Susato whistle on steroids! If you want a low cost recorder with more of a Rennaisnce sound then try the Mollenhauer Dream. I bought one from the Susato people recently (no one beats them for speed) and am delighted with it. My wife has a $1000 hand made recorder but I honestly prefer the Dream, perhaps because it sounds more like a whistle and has a warm mellow tone?
cutterpup

Post by cutterpup »

walrii wrote:
cutterpup wrote:Sooo, I need to search my arms for "The Mark"????
That, or just check your right ring finger and pinkie. If they have two small circles imbedded on them instead of one large circle on the ring finger and none on the pinkie then you are a player of the "Fipple Flute That Cannot Be Named." (Be careful when playing the second octave - a twitching left thumb is a dead give away to the Jedi.) Welcome to the Dark Side, bwuhahahaha.

Hmm, I seemed to have mixed up my movie references, Ah well. No matter, it's all majic anyway!
It's worse than that..I also have the "callous of the right thumb" from playing a tenor recorder for the last 32 years without a thumbrest. I crossed the line last winter when I bought my first whistle. I can't tell which is the dark side anymore.
I'd love a "recorder from hell" when I have the spare $100 to spend on one.
Judy and The Cutterpup
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Adrian wrote:Oooo, did it sound like I did not hold this instrument in high regard?

It is very very loud like a Susato whistle on steroids!
So... how many € you want for this monster?
Reasonable person
Walden
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Walden wrote:
Adrian wrote:Oooo, did it sound like I did not hold this instrument in high regard?

It is very very loud like a Susato whistle on steroids!
So... how many € you want for this monster?
You must have something to trade! PM me on PWA.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Adrian wrote:If you want a low cost recorder with more of a Rennaisnce sound then try the Mollenhauer Dream.
Yeah, I wound up going with the Dreamflute, when I recalled that they are now available in an inexpensive plastic version. I've kind of had my thoughts toward these ever since Zubivka first brought them up, way back when.

Reasonable person
Walden
~William~

Post by ~William~ »

Gasp! Talking about Re**rders in a whistle forum? Maybey you should be posting on Fipp and Chipple?
I believe that a man is the strongest soldier for daring to die unarmed.
-Mahatma Ghandi