With Great Appreciation - Thank You

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
dfernandez77
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

With Great Appreciation - Thank You

Post by dfernandez77 »

This is just a fund-raiser wrap-up message to everyone. There are many people who are much more than "cutiepies" in the Chiff & Fipple community.

The fund-raiser to sponsor me in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer was very successful.
- 32 members of the C&F community contributed to sponsor me
- more than US$900 was raised to fund breast cancer research and treatment
- 15 contributors received a gift from the gift pool
- 7 whistle, flute, or accessory makers contributed a gift to the pool
- 4 anonymous donors gave a whistle to the gift pool

I've heard this community referred to as a family. Like all families we have our spirited discussions and arguments. But most of the time we have good conversation with a dose of good natured teasing. And every time someone asks for a little help for a good cause, people pitch in.

This demonstrates the heart of the community, and why I keep hanging out and harrassing folks.

The fund-raiser is over, but people can still make contributions to sponsor me through September 15th. I get to go on the walk (39.5 miles in two days) when I get a total of US$1,800 in sponsorship and I'm yet a few shillings short.

Love, peace, and much thanks y'all,
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
carrie

Post by carrie »

Thanks to you, Daniel, for the considerable time and effort you put into this fundraiser and for your gracious style. Here's hoping those legs of yours get a chance to go the distance!

Carol
khl
Tell us something.: Longtime member of Chiff and Fipple. I own/have owned more whistles than a person should, I think. But I’m not complaining.

Post by khl »

What Carol said. :thumbsup:
Keith
jkrazy52
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jkrazy52 »

cskinner wrote:Thanks to you, Daniel, for the considerable time and effort you put into this fundraiser and for your gracious style. Here's hoping those legs of yours get a chance to go the distance!

Carol
Carol says it so well. Ditto! :thumbsup:

Judy
dfernandez77
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

Thanks for the kind words.

And thanks to all the C&F participants, and some other generous friends, I have raised $1800 for breast cancer so far. Which means I made the goal, and I get to go on the walk.

Thanks,
Daniel

Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Wonderful news. Congratulations!
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
carrie

Post by carrie »

Way to go, Daniel! :thumbsup:

Thanks again for everything, including getting my nice new whistle out to me so fast! And thanks to all the donors of both money and instruments.

Carol
dfernandez77

Post by dfernandez77 »

Wow! You already got it Carol?

How do you like it? I thought it was a sturdy little charmer. A nice addition to the O'Brien line up.
Daniel

Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Way to go dfer!

I'd like to remind every one that it's not realy been about just gettin daniel on his blindingly reflective legs to walk! Nor has it been a veiled sadistic urge to see how the sunburn tuns out.

Instead it has been the urge to reduce suffering and increase hope for what has become a scourge of the modern age and a primary killer of our female constitution (ergo our future).

For myself, I look forward to playing joyful tunes to the lasting health of my loved ones well past their 100th birthdays and as a praise to my own breath lasting that long. Sadists might enjoy a few years re-constructing the prolonged drama of postponed fate, however longevity will outlast them.

The point being that those who wish to donate are still able to do so - the raffle is not the end of the game. Not by a long shot.

Get into the sticky and let's keep the ball rolling! I'm on my way there right now - i'd hate to think i'm alone.
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com
carrie

Post by carrie »

dfernandez77 wrote:How do you like it? I thought it was a sturdy little charmer.
Excellent description! I am enjoying it very much. Thanks again to you, and to David O'Brien for the generous donation.

Carol