Seeing Teada Tonight

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
burnsbyrne
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Seeing Teada Tonight

Post by burnsbyrne »

I'm going to see Teada this evening at the West Side Irish American club. The show will be outdoors if the weather cooperates. These guys have a unique sound and I'm really looking forward to the concert. I'll post a small blurb about the show tomorrow. I'm not much of a writer or a critic but I'll try to convey my impressions.
Mike
Fishie

Post by Fishie »

I've seen them a couple of times, and both times they were great. They're a good bunch of guys as well. Enjoy the show!

:)
kkrell
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

See if they're up for a session afterwards. Say hi to Damien Stenson for me.

Kevin Krell
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
burnsbyrne

Post by burnsbyrne »

I enjoyed the Teada concert very much. They are incredible musicians -- a quick listen to their CDs will tell you that. They put on a good show, making the audience feel a part of the show. Most of all they seemed to be having fun. A couple of observations. The tunes they choose to play were not the same old warhorses we hear all the time. That was nice. The flute player, Damian Stenson, played whistle on a couple of tunes. It looked like a low G and was one-piece, silver in color like maybe an Overton or a Chieftain. The strange part is that while he held the flute in the normal "right handed" fashion with his left hand closer to the mouth, he played the whistle with his right hand on top. Seems to negate the transfer of fingering from flute to whistle. Another comment; the bodhran player was the best I have ever seen. The strange part is that he played 99% of the time with only one end of the tipper. I thought there was supposed to be a back-and-forth motion with both ends.

I hope these guys come back to Cleveland soon. I'll be there to hear them. If you have a chance to see them don't hesitate. You'll have a great time.
Mike
Leonard

Post by Leonard »

Teada are great!

I had the chance to play in the same occasions then them twice and each time, we had good chat together.
Oisin is such a nice guy and Damien too. He tried my Hamilton flute and liked it a lot!

Full of energy huh?

A must see show!

Leo
jen f

Post by jen f »

I got to see them two weeks ago in Little Rock. They're a great group! It was the second time I've seen them, and I'll definitely try to go whenever they're in town.

You're more observant than I, though; I hadn't noticed about Damian's switched fingering. Interesting. I was hoping he would play whistle more, but he only played on it for a couple of tunes. Oisin actually played low whistle on one tune as well.
fiddlinviolinin

Post by fiddlinviolinin »

Ah, I've seen them two times as well. They blow me away. My heart aches after a day or so =P

Cheers,
Armand
dwinterfield

Post by dwinterfield »

We saw them last winter in a loft type setting with no heat. It was very cold. They play with a great deal of energy, at times almost like a rock band. Seemed to be having fun. The bodhran did a long solo in the 2nd set. It was hard to believe he was getting all those sounds out of one drum with one hand!