I'm dying to find out...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
JohnPalmer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by JohnPalmer »

what happened to the thread of the picture of the "Undisputed One." I take it, by the lack of enquiries about it, that some of us must have felt too guilty to ask where it went. I just hope it wasn't because we actually did offend our dearly beloved. I, for one, would be one of the most guilty. JP
Sara

Post by Sara »

I just did a search and nothing came up about it. I don't know where it went to either. Sorry I'm of no help.

Peace,
Sara
paulsdad

Post by paulsdad »

I have looked for it, also. I think all the responses were meant in fun with no offense intended.

Personally, I believe it takes a brave soul to post their picture for folks to take "pot shots" at.

Hey, maybe that could be used as a charity fund raiser. Collect $1 per barb. It would give new meaning to the term "cheap shot".
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

I absolutely was not offended--I thought it was lots of fun. But, I had an experience which reminded me of why it was probably a good idea to delete it, at the risk of offending all of YOU who contributed to a really fun thread. If you'll email me (and please do) at dwisely@hiwaay.net with the subject line "Why, Dale, Why??", I'll send an explanatory note.

Dale
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Probably just in time. I was about to post Dale's face on Davy Spillane playing low whistle at Riverdance, muttering, "It's not an Overton, it's Not an Overton." DS might have been forced to take action over that.
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Tom_Gaul

Post by Tom_Gaul »

Dale,

I'm glad to know that none of my "captions" stepped over the line! I think we all feel the same. Your "Undisputedness" is exceeded only by your undisputed good humor and we might get carried away at times!

Best wishes, Tom
JohnPalmer

Post by JohnPalmer »

I think that the great state of Alabama should consider putting Dale's face on the backside of their quarter, soon to be issued. Although I have no idea what the caption would be. I think that it could be on a par with Wisconsin's, which should read:

"Come To Wisconsin, And Smell Our Dairy Air".

Doesn't Dale play a mean air? I don't think a quarter would be big enough. On second thought, maybe Dale's picture should be on a bill. Hmmm, I wonder what denomination that would be? --JP

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JohnPalmer on 2002-02-21 01:46 ]</font>
ScottStewart

Post by ScottStewart »

His name isn't 'Wise'ly for nothing. I didn't send for the email yet, but I can assume from this thread that you kept us from a bit of trouble, and for that I (we) thank you.
Image Scott

"Peace is not defined by the absence of war."
Tony
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

So... who wants to start the thread again ??
I really liked the Mount Rushmore picture.
Tom_Gaul

Post by Tom_Gaul »

My present posting seemed funny to me at the time but I no longer like it! Thank goodness for the edit command!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tom_Gaul on 2002-02-21 18:26 ]</font>
Graphics Guy

Post by Graphics Guy »

Nahhh...We really cant lionize "The Undisputed One" by placing his visage on Mt. Rushmore. It might cause concern with some people who deal with Dale on a professional level. Soooooo we'll have to do it to someone else.

Dan
Hey Moe, Hey Larry, Hey Fellas, Whoooo Whoooo Whooooo