Really big cat :)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Santora56

Really big cat :)

Post by Santora56 »

emmline
antispam: No

Post by emmline »

Wow. But note, that it's posted on a /jokes/ page. Could something about this be not quite right?
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

I have Clancy who is 26 pounds, it was my xwife's cat and she left him behind. Tried to put him on a diet, but I don't like having my legs shredded or my face in the middle of the night when his bowl is empty.

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
trisha
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by trisha »

Small lady and Maine Coon on steroids???

Trisha
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

:boggle:
Could be the camera angle but the Moggies head looks kinda out of proportion.

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
artsohio
Location: Far enough north to get the new "Dr. Who" on the CBC!

Post by artsohio »

"Colors changing with the keys, uneven timbre, even defects in intonation were elements of instrumental playing... Lover's eyes change into virtues the beloved's defects."

-Michel Debost, "The Simple Flute"
SirNick
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love Irish music! I am mostly a whistle player but would like to learn more about flutes. I also have a couple older whistles I'd like to sell and maybe pick up a bamboo flute to practice with.

Post by SirNick »

I think the best thing about this photo is the seemingly endless quantity of off-color jokes we could make!! :lol:
"You have my undivided attention"
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

Can you imagine how much cat hair this cat generates. The owner can probably knit sweaters.

Ron
Kuranes

Post by Kuranes »

RonKiley wrote:Can you imagine how much cat hair this cat generates. The owner can probably knit sweaters.

Ron
Related -- when we were growing up, my mother combed out our one long hair cat for a while, kept all of the cat hair, and had someone spin it into yarn and knitted it in as decoration in a scarf. She also did the same thing with some hair from our collie, but was able to make a whole scarf with that much hair.
For when as children we listen and dream, we think but half-formed thoughts; and when as men we try to remember, we are dulled and prosaic with the poison of life.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

RonKiley wrote:Can you imagine how much cat hair this cat generates. The owner can probably knit sweaters.

Ron
Hmmm....this could be the start of a very bad practical joke, if the sweater is given to someone who is very allergic! My husband is very allergic...he'd better not put one toe out of line! :twisted:

Heather
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Daryl

Post by Daryl »

Ron
My Mom used to vacuum our cat. She never could figure out why the cat didn't like her. :boggle:
tuaz

Post by tuaz »

Interesting. I myself thought there was just something off about the back legs (and the back half, in general) of the cat in the first photo.
Pat Cannady
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Pat Cannady »

Naw, Main Coons, a breed from the NE US, just have really big paws. "Snowshoe paws" some of the CFA types call them. I suspect Martha is very petite, perhaps all of 5 foot nothing, which makes her friend Riley look like more of a monster than he really is. I had a longhaired tomcat about the same size once, we suspect he may have been part Main Coon but he had no papers. Anyway he weighed 22-25lbs most of his life. He used to scare hell out of people until they figured out he was friendly. He never bit or scratched anyone in anger, even though he had his claws. Small children used to frighten him, though, and he'd run a mile at the sight of a toddler coming at him, saying "kitty, kitty".
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

Pat Cannady wrote:Small children used to frighten him, though, and he'd run a mile at the sight of a toddler coming at him, saying "kitty, kitty".
Cats are good at recognizing real danger--tiny kids and raccoons will generally terrify the toughest cat.

About nine or ten years ago, my wife rescued an injured Maine Coon cat, which we passed on to a friend, as our 4 resident cats didn't get along with him. He's now almost the size of the cat in the picture--but much fatter. He's so fat that he cllimbs the stairs in their house one step at a time. That is, he has to get his hind legs up onto a step before trying to haul himself up to the next one. Fortunately, the stairs are carpeted, so he can get a good grip. I suggested a stringent diet, but they claim that he doesn't actually eat that much.

One of my cats, a neutered tom, got up close to 25 pounds, but he wasn't nearly that large. His hair was pretty short, though.
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

Our neighbors have a Maine Coon. He's much smaller, about the size of the dark female cat in the Snopes link, but he's still a pretty big cat.

He's also a very good-natured cat. Since our neigbors got him about a year before we got our current cat, he tends to regard our yard as part of his territory. Our cat used to get along with him, but as she matured began to resent him coming into our yard.

These days, she growls at him, and he walks towards her. She always ends up backed up against the house, still growling, while he stands a few feet away looking amused. She's slightly larger than average herself, but he's about half again her weight, and due to his thick fur appears to be over twice her bulk.

It used to worry me, but the only time I saw them actually fight was brief - she jumped on him, he knocked her rolling (without using claws, as far as I could tell), and she retreated. Now she just calls him names and he sneers at her. If they weren't both fixed I'd expect love to blossom. :D