Sindt: It's him!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Hiro Ringo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Sindt: It's him!

Post by Hiro Ringo »

emmline
antispam: No

Post by emmline »

So that's why the long waiting list...it's those coffee breaks.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Wow. Great find. He tends to be a bit elusive.

Dale
kevin m.

Here comes the Whistleman

Post by kevin m. »

Yeah that's him-He's the MAN o.k.!
"I blame it on those Lead Fipples y'know."
Brian Lee
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Brian Lee »

Yikes - is he NEKKID?!?!?! :shock:

Is THAT the trick to great whistle smithing??
glauber

Post by glauber »

A topless Sindt picture! :boggle:
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

To each his own, but I always thought that nudity, semi-nudity, and power tools were just a bad combination.
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

DaleWisely wrote:To each his own, but I always thought that nudity, semi-nudity, and power tools were just a bad combination.
I dunno. I was fully clothed when I stuck the tip of the middle finger of my left hand into the table saw. (Took nine months before I could even think of pressing a guitar string with that finger.)

Which reminds me. The guy at the pharmacy in the Army hospital who handed me my various medications after the gaping wound had been bound told me the following story:

Seems his father ran a cabinet shop. One of the workers cut off a finger in the bandsaw. Some time later, a fellow came by from the insurance company to find out how it had happened. The victim stood at the bandsaw and said, "I turned on the saw, and I went..." -- and cut off the next finger over.

I wonder if the insurance company decided to add an intelligence test to its reqirements.
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

I smashed a finger once by this sequence of intelligent behavior.

1. Open the bathroom door of a hotel to ask my wife, who was in the shower, a question.

2. Put my hand on the door frame.

3. Allow my thumb to slip in between the door and the door frame, near the hinge.

4. Close the door quickly, WITHOUT REMOVING MY HAND.

When my thumb was smashed, it felt like an electric shock, followed by a few seconds of no pain but a fainting sensation.

Then the pain, which came in overwhelming waves.

Then the end of the fainting sensation due to actually fainting.

Then being aroused from the faint by the pain.

Then fainting a 2nd time.
raindog1970
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by raindog1970 »

DaleWisely wrote:To each his own, but I always thought that nudity, semi-nudity, and power tools were just a bad combination.
Nah... it's nudity, semi-nudity, and frying bacon that are a bad combination! :o
I often work shirtless and wearing shorts in my shop because there's no air conditioning, so John was being even safer than me! :P
Regards,
Gary Humphrey

♪♣♫Humphrey Whistles♫♣♪

[Raindogs] The ones you see wanderin' around after a rain. Ones that can't find their way back home. See the rain washes off the scent off all the mail boxes and the lamposts, fire hydrants. – Tom Waits
Parcour25

Post by Parcour25 »

Hiro.

I admire your respect and consistant admiration of John Sindt.

(could I ask, without hijacking this thread). I ordered 4 - 5 of his whistles about 10 months ago... Maybe close to a year now, not sure. I've send 2 or three emails over the last several months, none returned or replied too. The lady was very friendly and coutrteous when I first placed the order, and accomodated a change or two. I knew the wait was 9 or 10 months. I moved 7 months ago, same city. I would like to get in solid contact now that the normal wait time is over. Could you suggest something. Thx!
Tryst me. I am, yours truly......

Parcour v. D'Chasse, Esq.

Save the trees,..... not the Bush....
glauber

Post by glauber »

raindog1970 wrote:
Nah... it's nudity, semi-nudity, and frying bacon that are a bad combination! :o
I often work shirtless and wearing shorts in my shop because there's no air conditioning, so John was being even safer than me! :P
Do you mean he wasn't wearing shorts? :o
--Wellsprings--
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

In a lot of situations, clothing is a hazard around machinery, as is long hair. Many spinning machine parts can grab fabric or hair and pull the operator into the machinery. Although some people wear gloves when operating power tools, I avoid them unless it's so cold there's danger of frostbite. And I wear short sleeves, or long sleeves with close fitting cuffs. If I'm wearing a sweater, I push the sleeves up away from my wrists when I'm using the table saw so there's no loose fabric anywhere near the blade.

Best wishes,
Jerry
glauber

Post by glauber »

Jerry Freeman wrote:In a lot of situations, clothing is a hazard around machinery, as is long hair. Many spinning machine parts can grab fabric or hair and pull the operator into the machinery. Although some people wear gloves when operating power tools, I avoid them unless it's so cold there's danger of frostbite. And I wear short sleeves, or long sleeves with close fitting cuffs. If I'm wearing a sweater, I push the sleeves up when I'm using the table saw so my wrists are bare and there's no loose fabric anywhere near the blade.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Jerry, reading about blades and bare wrists in the same sentence gives me the shivers.

I can see why you wouldn't want anything hanging around that might be caught in the spinning machinery.

Tight speedos, then! and goggles. You'll look like a swimmer! :D
--Wellsprings--
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Cloth offers no protection from sawblades and the like. Fabric puffing out from wrists and forearms, draping near spinning machine parts give me the willies much worse than bare hands and arms the same distance from the blades.