Who wants a whistle tour? Follow along on the maps.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
IDAwHOa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Who wants a whistle tour? Follow along on the maps.

Post by IDAwHOa »

I hearby announce the Weston Whistle Tour

Simon Styles of Weston Whistles (Jetboy) has graciously sent me two whistles to try out and evaluate for him. These were sent as part of an attempt to get them evaluated at the San Francisco Low Whistle event that was held this past January. Well, do to a number of issues this was not able to be completed. In an effort to fulfill my promise to get these whistles evaluated for him I have decided to send them out on tour.

Introducing the tour subjects:

Weston Tunable High and Low D - These are copper tube with a mouthpiece that allows for some tuning ability. The fipple plugs are wooden. The Low D is a bit weighty and so if you have sensitive or weak hands you may want to pass on this one. The High D is a bit heavy for its key, but the size makes it managable.

Here are some things I would like to ask for these tours:

Due to recent discussions regarding customs in a different thread, US only at this time. Simon is in the UK and can start a Continental tour if he so chooses.

I would prefer that evaluations and comments be sent to me directly. I have seen where public comment has swayed subsequent evaluations by tour members. All comments will be posted after the tour is complete.

Tour to be kept to 6 additional participants each. I have already selected one or two participants for each tour. The tour is open to beginner as well as advanced players. I would actually like to see a mix if at all possible.

Tour period to be 3 weeks at each stop.

One tour per person please.

Those who wish to participate should contact me via Email. Please tell me which tour you would like to participate in, your player level (beg, int, adv) and your location (city and state) I will post the tour participants and the order once the tour itineraries are filled out.

The Low D will be given to one of the tour participants in an open raffle. One ticket will be given for each stop. One additional ticket will be given for a review submitted to myself within 3 weeks of the end of the tour. You may opt out of the raffle if you wish.

I have tried to address all the issues that I have seen come up in other tours. Please let me know if you think I may have missed anything.
Last edited by IDAwHOa on Wed May 05, 2004 3:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

I'm up for it! :)
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by The Weekenders »

My messages sent. Very excited to try it!!!
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

I replied also.

Let's see - that's 3 replies, all from SF Bay folks. Is this going to be a tour or a drawn-out sort of whistle party? :lol:
emmline

Post by emmline »

Reply from the East Coast...just emailed.
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

*cough, cough

some of us may have emailed before any of you did and not posted about it.... ;)
/Bloomfield
emmline

Post by emmline »

Bloomfield wrote:*cough, cough

some of us may have emailed before any of you did and not posted about it.... ;)
Well, you're just SO discrete!
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

Actually, I had replied much earlier myself - I was just amused to see that both the public replies were local.

I was wondering if Tony Higgins, Limuhead, Redwolf, Kar, Darwin, and Switchfoot were going to chime in next. (I knew MurphyStout would skip the Low D tour - he's a flute and accordion snobe :twisted:) (List off the top of my head - I know I'm overlooking a few others whom I will immediately remember once I post this. :roll: )
Last edited by DCrom on Mon May 03, 2004 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

emmline wrote:

Well, you're just SO discrete!
Discreet, my dearest Em, discreet.

;) :D
/Bloomfield
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Bloomfield wrote:
emmline wrote: Well, you're just SO discrete!
Well, in this medium, you're also discrete. :)
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

jsluder wrote:
Bloomfield wrote:
emmline wrote: Well, you're just SO discrete!
Well, in this medium, you're also discrete. :)
Yes, and I am sure that the handsome husband in the other thread appreciates that Bloomfield is discrete from Em. :)
/Bloomfield
emmline

Post by emmline »

Damn I hate being wrong!

dis·crete ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d-skrt)
adj.

1. Constituting a separate thing. See Synonyms at distinct.
2. Consisting of unconnected distinct parts.
3. Mathematics. Defined for a finite or countable set of values; not continuous.

[Middle English, from Old French, from Latin discrtus, past participle of discernere, to separate. See discreet.]

dis·creet ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d-skrt)
adj.

1. Marked by, exercising, or showing prudence and wise self-restraint in speech and behavior; circumspect.
2. Free from ostentation or pretension; modest.

[Middle English, from Old French discret, from Medieval Latin discrtus, from Latin, past participle of discernere, separate, to discern. See discreet.]
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

emmline wrote:Damn I hate being wrong!
Of course it happens so rarely that it comes as a welcome relief to us mere and fallible humans, who are wrong all the time, every day.
/Bloomfield
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

NorCal takes out his deep sea fishing rod and reel. Puts a BIG hook on it. Casts as far as he possibly can.

Oh, there was a tug on the line. Or was it a snag.

Reels as hard and fast as he possibly can. Can he reel it back in. Is this the wopper he has been hoping for? Only time will tell.

1 spot left on the high whistle tour

3 on the low whistle tour.

Whew, did it. Landed it back in the boat.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
glauber
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by glauber »

[discreet cough]
[actually 2 discrete coughs]
did you get the email from the guy in Carol Stream?
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--