OT: New U.S. $20s

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Jane
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

OT: New U.S. $20s

Post by Jane »

New $20s hit the streets in the U.S. this week. The government is spending $33million to advertise them. That scares me as lack of advertising never kept me from wanting the old ones...... That's some budget they have! (this was from CNN)
Paul Reid
antispam: No

Post by Paul Reid »

I heard that it's more of an educational campaign to inform those who handle money (ie: cashier's, banks, Wal*Mart employees etc...) how to detect the real ones from fakes.

Looks like a little colour will differentiate the 20's and next will be 50's then 100's. Seems this will take several years to displace the old greenbacks.
PR

c[]|________||___o__o__O___o__O__º__º__||_]
      \\
Jane

Post by Jane »

Still sounds like a pretty lame way to spend 30 million to me. I'm sure Wal-Mart runs their own cashier education. I can't imagine that whatever information is disbursed, it would be worth that much. People catch on to money pretty quickly.
madguy

Post by madguy »

They could have used that 30 million to cure cancer.

~Larry
NicoMoreno
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I just wanted to update my location... 100 characters is a lot and I don't really want to type so much just to edit my profile...

Post by NicoMoreno »

Wal-Mart running a cashier's education .... Wal-Mart????

I doubt it.

Anyway it is about time you americans joined the rest of the world by having "Monopoly" money. (Seriously, that is what My parents call canadian currency...)

Green... Man, no wonder american children think money grows on trees :D :D !!!!

(So, if anyone thinks I am being disrespectful or whatever, I AM american.)

Nico "Born in the States" Moreno
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

I for one am excited by the new $20s! I grew up in a part of the U.S. where Canadian money is almost as common as U.S. money (Spokane, WA), and I always felt jealous of the Canadians, with their "pretty" colored bills!

The amount spent on education is rather silly. I've seen many different "moneys" come and go (including the ill-fated Susan B. Anthony dollar), and I've never seen where these education programs make much of a difference. But I'm jazzed about the new colorful $20!

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
michael_coleman
Tell us something.: I play the first flute Jon Cochran ever made but haven't been very active on the board the last 9-10 years. Life happens I guess...I owned a keyed M&E flute for a while and I kind of miss it.

Post by michael_coleman »

Or given it to me :lol: like that will happen...ever.
antstastegood

Post by antstastegood »

I havent seen a picture of one yet. I hope it's not too ugly.

I was also kind of hoping that the Sacagawea (spelling?) dollars would catch on better.
Unreasonable person,
ants
|___|)____________O___O___O___o__O___O_____|
TXwhistle
Tell us something.: I moved, so I'm in a different city. Not in Texas anymore!!! Although if someone sees that I'm in NYC, maybe they'll know of local places that I can look for whistles.

Post by TXwhistle »

I've seen several pictures, but I can't tell how vibrant the colors are. Guess we'll have to wait until we're holding them.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

It's just another sign we're living in the last days.
I believe we got the mark of the beast, when they put the beast on the back of the nickel. ;)
Steven

Post by Steven »

Walden wrote:It's just another sign we're living in the last days.
I believe we got the mark of the beast, when they put the beast on the back of the nickel. ;)
Walden, if this is a sign of the "last days," then the world ended years ago and we're all just imagining this.

:lol:
Steven
TXwhistle
Tell us something.: I moved, so I'm in a different city. Not in Texas anymore!!! Although if someone sees that I'm in NYC, maybe they'll know of local places that I can look for whistles.

Post by TXwhistle »

That explains a lot.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Steven wrote:
Walden wrote:It's just another sign we're living in the last days.
Walden, if this is a sign of the "last days," then the world ended years ago and we're all just imagining this.

:lol:
Steven
This just in: http://www.usmint.gov/pressroom/index.c ... ase&ID=539
Reasonable person
Walden
John Allison

Post by John Allison »

I haven't seen the new bills yet. Can someone possible scan one, front and back, and post it...please?!? We should be proud of our new currency.

On a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT note, does anyone know where a friend of mine can buy some cotton/linen paper for a school project??
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

John Allison wrote:I haven't seen the new bills yet. Can someone possible scan one, front and back, and post it...please?!? We should be proud of our new currency.

On a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT note, does anyone know where a friend of mine can buy some cotton/linen paper for a school project??
Just spill some orange Tang on the previous edition, and you'll get the general look of the new Twenty, and without nearly the hassles from the Secret Service revenooers.
Reasonable person
Walden