OT: Question about "The Behemoth"

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
picardy third
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

OT: Question about "The Behemoth"

Post by picardy third »

Could someone please explain the "Everyone is a cutie pie" thread to me? Since I'm not from California, maybe it just isn't meant to make since. It just seems to start in the middle of a conversation. My real question is how did it get so popular (so many posts)? I just don't have time to read the 81 pages of posts so does someone have Cliff's Notes on this? Thanks!

picardy
"Have a cluckity-cluck-cluck day."
jim_mc
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

Cliff Notes:

Jessie is a cutie pie.
Weekenders is a cutie pie too.
As a matter of fact, we're all cutie pies.

That's it. It was just fun - there was no secret meaning (except for the secret meaning behind everything).
Say it loud: B flat and be proud!
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Amar said Jessie was a cutie-pie in one thread. I started a new thread to simultaneously spread around the type of sentiment, especially for those of us who are cutie-pie more inside than out, and to note how politically incorrect it was out here to say such a thing and make a gag about it. That's it.

the rest is....well you get the idea. A lot of goodwill resulted except for those shriveled heart types who are uncomfortable by the more personable (and admittedly OT ) exchanges on ye olde Forum. Some people just need to have something to be disgusted by because it makes em feel clever, worldly and superior. :lol:
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

But then some of us just like to give Week a hard time about that thread because ... well, because it's there!

Yours truly,
Clever, Worldy, and Superior
;)
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

susnfx wrote:But then some of us just like to give Week a hard time about that thread because ... well, because it's there!

Yours truly,
Clever, Worldy, and Superior
;)
Q: Why did your Lordship bump the Sea Pee thread?
A: Because it's there, and it's OK2.

(Edmund Hillary, Bumpkin to Top)
CHIFF FIPPLE

Post by CHIFF FIPPLE »

The Weekenders wrote:Amar said Jessie was a cutie-pie in one thread. I started a new thread to simultaneously spread around the type of sentiment, especially for those of us who are cutie-pie more inside than out, and to note how politically incorrect it was out here to say such a thing and make a gag about it. That's it.

the rest is....well you get the idea. A lot of goodwill resulted except for those shriveled heart types who are uncomfortable by the more personable (and admittedly OT ) exchanges on ye olde Forum. Some people just need to have something to be disgusted by because it makes em feel clever, worldly and superior. :lol:
And most of our hearts grew two sizes bigger that day
ImageStacey has the most bodacious fipples! & Message board
http://whistlenstrings.invisionzone.com ... t=0&p=3303&
Hiro Ringo

Post by Hiro Ringo »

I was too shy to ask this question. :oops:

Thanks Picardy, for your effort.
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

And that raises the next question: Are you still there and just lurking, Jessie-Pie? If so, get in touch to let us know. BB isn't the only one whose mood swings we care about!
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

I started lurking again recently. By the way, when people aren't attacking me, someone I care about or something I believe in, I am a cutie pie on the inside. Ask people who know me.

~J
Roger O'Keeffe

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

Good to see the original CP JK is back among us. Hope I haven't turned you into the Hulk by implicitly dissing cats with the photo of Ralph on the Behewhatsit CP thread :wink:

To be honest, some of the nationalistic bile that was flowing around here a few months back had me questioning my own presence, but now things are pretty much back to normal, and seeing things like the way people have rallied around Blackbeer give me that old warm feeling of belonging to something worthwhile.
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Roger, I don't read the Behemoth thread. In fact, I don't read most threads. Knowing my old tendency to get involved where I shouldn't, I have been reading only whistle-related threads, and not many of them. Oh, and I read threads in which Loren has posted.

~J
Roger O'Keeffe

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

JessieK wrote:snip In fact, I don't read most threads. snip
~J
That probably means you have enough time left to actually play the whistle. What a novel approach!
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
Byll
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

Jessie: I have noticed a few posts by you in various threads, the past few days. I have missed both you and your level of knowledge concerning whistledom. To whatever level you choose to return, welcome...
Best to all.
Byll
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Thanks, Byll. :)
trisha

Post by trisha »

Roger O'Keeffe wrote:
JessieK wrote:snip In fact, I don't read most threads. snip
~J
That probably means you have enough time left to actually play the whistle. What a novel approach!
Very good point - so OT is only posted by experts with no need to practice - NOW I get it :D

Trisha, off to practice and for real...so much to learn, so little time ... a week Friday actually.

ps never opened the Behemoth - entomology not my strongpoint.