I must be the last one to find out that the board's back.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Emilie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

I must be the last one to find out that the board's back.

Post by Emilie »

:o

For the many people who don't remember me, I'm a Canadian girl who lives in Norway, but now after finishing high school I'm back in the middle of the Canadian woods for my holidays. :) I was on the board for a month or so before the exams took me away from it.

Coming back home I was able to familiarize myself with McCullough's Complete Irish Tinwhistle Songbook and Bill Ochs' Tinwhistle Handbook, AND I learned myself to play Jean-Michel Jarre's 'Popcorn' on the whistle. :D So I'm definitely making some progress! I'm thinking about buying a Dixon low G, too.

By the way, blackhawk - thank you so much for sending me the Generation whistles. They've become my favourite! :)

Anyway, that was just a quick note to say that I'm back on the board. TWENTY-FOUR days after the board got back up and running. Oh well! :lol:

Emilie

- The Whistle Shop's got some t-shirts now?? What happened to Whistle World while I was gone?! :boggle:
blackhawk
antispam: No

Post by blackhawk »

Emilie, welcome back! It sounds like you've made great progress. You can always tell a natural...they keep practicing when no one is checking up on them because they just love the music. I'm glad you like the Generations! And thanks for the postcard, it was very pretty!

Keep up the good work, my friend..........Blackhawk
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

Welcome back.
Reasonable person
Walden
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

You'd love a Dixon G! They're slammin'.

Welcome back Emilie, our :moreevil: plan to keep you in the dark on C&F's return worked even better than expected.

Today Chiffipple, tomorrow the world! <Evil cackle>
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
JSW

Re: I must be the last one to find out that the board's back

Post by JSW »

[quote="Emilie"]:o

I learned myself to play Jean-Michel Jarre's 'Popcorn' on the whistle.
Emilie

I was not familar with this one so I did a search. This is what I found:

Popcorn Credit

In last issue's Logic Notes, it was written that Emagic's KlopfGeist instrument could be used for "covers of Jean-Michel Jarre's 'Popcorn'". To give credit where credit's due, this influential Moog hit was written by Gershon Kingsley, although the most famous version was by Hot Butter. I've heard it alleged that Jarre was involved with the Popcorn Orchestra's cover version (and as someone once pointed out to me, 'Oxygene 4' is slightly reminiscent of it when played back at high speed) but whether this is or true or not, it's Kingsley song.
John
allezlesbleus

Post by allezlesbleus »

JSW,

LOVE the avatar! :thumbsup:

Go Heels!

PC
JSW

Post by JSW »

Thanks, I am really looking forward to basketball season this year ( But I always do).
Emily, Please pardon my manners. Welcome back.
Emilie

Post by Emilie »

Martin: I knew there was an evil plan. I would have been back on the board WAY sooner if there weren't. Evil, evil whistlers. :devil: I *will* get a Dixon G.

JSW: My mistake! I'm not too familiar with Jean-Michel Jarre, or any of the artists you mentioned really. I should have been more careful! :D

Emilie