Another question and then I promise to leave you alone.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Another question and then I promise to leave you alone.

Post by Dale »

Please respond below if you believe you are subscribed to Chiff & Fipple's newsletter list and you DID not receive an issue on June 8 or 9, 2003.

Thanks!
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

nope
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

Did not receive it.
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

I'm just subscribed to read it on the Groups site, so I guess I'll have to vote n/a. :)
Reasonable person
Walden
LimuHead
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm not new here. I have been registered here for many years. I am not a spammer, though being from Hawaii, I do enjoy eating spam. Now the site is requiring at least 100 characters in this box. It would have been nice to know that bit of information before I hit submit the first time!

Post by LimuHead »

Hey Dale,

I got the newsletter, but it's dated 6/14/2003. :o
My CD! Click here to listen!
Whistle, uke, guitar, English concertina & more!: http://www.nowhereradio.com/onemanband
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

Nope, didn't get one (or any for the last few months, either).

Robin
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Nothing for the last few months.
carrie

Post by carrie »

I don't think anybody wants you to leave us alone, Dale.

I got mine.

Carol
Rando7

Post by Rando7 »

Nuttin here
Jumper

Post by Jumper »

Nope. I haven't gotten one since February.
StewySmoot

Post by StewySmoot »

I think, I am
<a href="http://www.whistletotheworld.com/" target="_blank"> Whistle to the World</a>
Helping underprivileged kids learn music via the Irish Whistle.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Thanks.

Please indulge me and read the following DULL material. I could really use some help in trying to work these bugs out.

Ok, I checked the email addresses for four of you who say you believe you are subscribed and you're not subscribed. Here are some possibilities, but first some background.

There are actually two mailing lists. The larger one, about 2300 email addresses is the yahoogroups.com list.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chiffandfipple/
This is fully automated and people subscribe by sending a blank email to chiffandfipple-subscribe@yahoogroups.com . The system then automatically sends a confirmation email which the subscriber has to respond to in order to get on the list. I suspect that may be part of the problem. With more and more people (including myself) having to take more extreme measures to filter out spam, I suspect that a lot of yahoogroups messages get treated like spam, even though the messages come from either "Dale Wisely" or "Chiff & Fipple". Yahoogroups also automatically unsubscribe email addresses which "bounce" messages, although it takes a long time and MANY bounces before someone goes off the list.

The second part of my subscription list is a list I keep personally in my email client. That's about 1000 email addresses. This is how most subscriptions have been handled in the past year or so. It is possible, although unlikely, that I simply may have made an error in entering your subscriptions. But, it LOOKS to me like some of you guys are veteran subscribers who "fell off" the yahoo list. Let me suggest first of all, that you email me and put "subscribe" in the subject line. I'll make sure you get on the mailing list, one way or the other.

I know that some people who subscribe through the 2nd method have had trouble getting the newsletter because, even though it comes out of my email client, it is still recognized as spam by some systems, probably because of the number of email addresses it goes out to, even though they are "blind sends."

Anyway, thanks for your help. I hope you've all discovered that you can always find the latest issues at http://www.chiffandfipple.com/webissues.html !

Thanks again,

Dale
tkelly

Post by tkelly »

I got a couple after I first subscribed, but nothing for quite some time.

Tery
RoyalGoldReps

Post by RoyalGoldReps »

I signed up via your web site but do not remember if I caught that the email that was sent was supposed to be replied to or not.

Boy, the CRS is really getting bad.

I just joined the group at yahoo. Maybe that will do the trick. I will let you know if I start getting two of them, gotta keep the postage costs down you know.

Steven
Doc Jones
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Doc Jones »

I believe

Yet I do not recieve.

I will try believing harder.

Doc