More vintage for sale

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
The Lurking Fear
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

More vintage for sale

Post by The Lurking Fear »

More vintage!

I purchased this make of whistle probably in the mid 80s . Came with a book "The Whistler's Pocket Companion",and may have had a cassette tape in the package. Probably cost around $10 or so. I bought the package for the whistle.

While it's the prettiest whistle I've ever had it still remains pretty -without the finish worn off like some of my more well played whistles "cause it's....well,"ok" but nuthin' special for it's time.The Clarke's Gens Susatos and Mark I Feadogs got the vast proportion of my attention.

Here's your chance,and while there is no book or cassette they've thrown in a tuning fork! (???)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125245953152

Gotta look around and see if I have any stuff I can sell as "vintage". Seems quite lucrative what with those old 29 cent circa 1900 models going for $100 and up.
Mr.Gumby

Re: More vintage for sale

Post by Mr.Gumby »

The Lurking Fear wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:05 pm More vintage!

Seems quite lucrative what with those old 29 cent circa 1900 models going for $100 and up.
I wonder if that stuff is actually selling. People have been trying it on, looking for silly money, for years but who buys at that sort of prices?

That said, at those rates I have a dozen or two of those (pre-) 1900 yokes cluttering up the place that I don't mind getting rid of.
My brain hurts

The Lurking Fear

Re: More vintage for sale

Post by The Lurking Fear »

Still for sale. Note from seller-

"My antique and vintage items will probably have some wear which is consistent with use and age. Please refer to Images for any defects/stains/wear/cracks/chips. As the saying goes. A picture speaks a thousand words."

Annnnnd it looks about as nice as mine.This one wasn't used much either.Pictures do speak a thousand words!

Silly money? Mr. G.,didn't someone join soon after he'd paid $1000 for one of Pat O'Riordan's?

Some Curio (Junque) shop around here was trying to sell a tintype of one of my grandmothers (where did they get it?) for $50 around 25-30 years ago. If it's old it must be worth it.

Really?As Groucho said "...but who wants to marry your grandmother? Nobody! Not even your grandfather."