Wanted to share this tune my friend and I recorded a couple weeks ago (The Lochaber Badger)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
lukeman3000
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm interested in this forum because I want to connect with other people who play Irish trad music. And specifically, low whistles.

Wanted to share this tune my friend and I recorded a couple weeks ago (The Lochaber Badger)

Post by lukeman3000 »

I went over to my friend's house a couple weeks ago with my whistle and we recorded this very impromptu:

https://youtu.be/5WG2WPV4T_Q

My friend had never seen a low whistle before or even heard this kind of music; he was pretty fascinated with the whistle and seemed to enjoy the tunes that we played. It was really great for me because it was actually the first time I got to play with another person, and it was a lot of fun!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: Wanted to share this tune my friend and I recorded a couple weeks ago (The Lochaber Badger)

Post by Nanohedron »

lukeman3000 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:39 amIt was really great for me because it was actually the first time I got to play with another person, and it was a lot of fun!
It is, isn't it. Gives the music a reason to live, you could say. Good job, there, BTW. Keep at it. :)
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
lukeman3000
Tell us something.: I'm interested in this forum because I want to connect with other people who play Irish trad music. And specifically, low whistles.

Re: Wanted to share this tune my friend and I recorded a couple weeks ago (The Lochaber Badger)

Post by lukeman3000 »

Nanohedron wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:02 pm
lukeman3000 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:39 amIt was really great for me because it was actually the first time I got to play with another person, and it was a lot of fun!
It is, isn't it. Gives the music a reason to live, you could say. Good job, there, BTW. Keep at it. :)
Thanks!!

Also, off subject, but how can I post new topics in the used instrument exchange forum? I'm looking for a KWL Chieftain Low D and would love to post a thread seeing if anyone has one they might want to sell..
Last edited by lukeman3000 on Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

As a new member you only get full privileges (which include private messages and the Used Instruments Exchange, among other things) after you've completed 3 Admin-approved posts. At this juncture, all you need is one more post and, if approved, you'll be fully instated. It's all here:

https://forums.chiffandfipple.com/viewt ... =1&t=84192

Have a look. It covers matters that don't get addressed in FAQ, and you don't have to take it all in one gulp, but remember it's there to help you navigate Chiffspace when you have questions, and so far it seems that we've finally covered everything that'll come up (fingers crossed). In the meantime, if you're pressed, you can always post your query in the Whistle Forum without restriction.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
lukeman3000

Post by lukeman3000 »

Thanks Nano