Stuck

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Katharine
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Something..............................................................................................

Re: Stuck

Post by Katharine »

I wonder if enlisting the help of Copeland might also be an option. I got the slide of my Impempe whistle stuck once (long story short: I'm dumb), and someone here suggested I send it back to Ian Turnbull for unsticking, which he did.

Just an idea in case you're nervous doing too much to them yourself.
Here's tae us--
Wha's like us?
Damn few--
And they're a' deid--
Mair's the pity.
busterbill
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Stuck

Post by busterbill »

I've not checked into the forum for a while and found reading this saga quite interesting. Some of the advice was sound, some slightly frightening and then the conversation drifted to tightening. I too am wondering: Elsbeth, whatever did you do? And how well did it work? Many of us have found our whistles or flute tuning slides hopelessly stuck. The first step for me is polishing with whatever polish is appropriate for the metal, then doing a mixture of half of the other things suggested if more force is required. I'd love to find out what you did. My tinkering mind is intrigued. :D