Burke Composite slide fix

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
eskin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Burke Composite slide fix

Post by eskin »

Interesting, my bulletproof Burke composite high-D started sounding really odd, like it was clogged all the time.

Rinsed it out, checked the blade under an inspection scope, nothing out of the ordinary.

Turns out the brass slide, which is press-fit into the body tube, and that the head slides over on an O-ring, had come loose from the body and had worked its way up higher into the fipple, messing with the sound.

Took it apart, cleaned everything, re-glued the slide back into the body, let it set for a day, reassembled, and now it's back to it's original glory.

I think this is probably something unique to his composite models, but thought I'd pass this along.
jiujuyipai
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I want to play the whistle with everyone! In fact, I have learned a lot here, let me join the party! I want to find a teacher and make friends here!

Re: Burke Composite slide fix

Post by jiujuyipai »

I have a Burke Composite C. Its tuner was broken and I had to tape it in place. The voice sounds okay.
May the force be with you always.