John Sindt waitlist wait is over!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Schaudwen
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have been learning the whistle in order to play morris tunes, and I had heard this forum was good for getting info on whistles, and also buying and trading whistles

John Sindt waitlist wait is over!

Post by Schaudwen »

After seeing someone on chiff and fipple say that they hadn't had to wait too long on the waitlist for a John Sindt whistle, I figured ID contact John and add myself to his waitlist. That was Oct 30th, and yesterday I got an email saying my number had come up and he had a high D whistle ready to post!
Yay I should have my whistle by next week and I am excited!
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Re: John Sindt waitlist wait is over!

Post by pancelticpiper »

That's great news.

What amazing whistles he makes!
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
Schaudwen
Tell us something.: I have been learning the whistle in order to play morris tunes, and I had heard this forum was good for getting info on whistles, and also buying and trading whistles

Post by Schaudwen »

When I was looking to upgrade to a midrange whistle, I recall this forum basically saying that a lot of the good ones were mimicking elements Sindt had built into his whistles. Figured i may as well just go the source! Finding out his whistle waitlist wasn't years deep was good (tho I'm not a stranger to them either. Anyone who's gotten fancy moccasin boots from windwalker is someone who can delay gratification for a year!)
gbyrne
Tell us something.: I play whistle and flute. I started learning 3 years ago. I like this website and TheSession too. This should be enought for you to know I am not a weirdo spammer.

Post by gbyrne »

Happy new whistle. What I like about John’s whistles is the lack of surprises - not fancy, neither loud nor quiet, in tune, balanced octaves.

There’s about half a dozen makers now making “homage to JS” models.

I think the originals will always be cherished.
Latticino

Post by Latticino »

Also, John is an absolute joy to deal with. Honest, forthright and a real gentleman.
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
Steven Wright

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
Baron Munchausen