Reverb for lunch money

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
facet
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A whistle will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no whistle.

Reverb for lunch money

Post by facet »

A while back I surfed across Cutiepie’s Youtube video where she pitched a basic little voice amplifier with a reverb feature. It sells from a site in The Netherlands. While doing some holiday shopping on Amazon I found a very similar device stateside. It's called the 'Giecy Personal Voice Amplifier’, specifically the Giecy model G300. For the meager price of $30 USD, I had to give it a try. It appears to be well made and the reverb works. My specimen does not amplify much but with the mic close to the whistle (necessary) and the volume and reverb cranked to their peaks it provides a comfortable level of enhanced sound that won’t bother the neighbors. If you have ever wanted to mess around with reverb but shied away because of the expense, this widget might be the ticket. It has worked for me and is a lot of fun.

Stephanie’s review of a Euro version https://tinyurl.com/3ruepdpw

YT review of the G300 https://tinyurl.com/bd63dmac

Amazon won’t let me compress the looong link for the Giecy but it comes up with a search.

RoberTunes
Tell us something.: I am a flute, guitar, keyboard + whistle player learning about quality whistles, musical possibilities and playing techniques. I've recorded a CD of my own music and am creating music for kids.

Re: Reverb for lunch money

Post by RoberTunes »

I can imagine uses for that on Halloween. Lots of reverb going on....... :o
facet
Tell us something.: A whistle will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no whistle.

Re: Reverb for lunch money

Post by facet »

The headband mic that came with the Giecy is prone to changing its position. That isn’t a deal killer but it can be annoying, so for me a work-around was needed.

I replaced the headband mic with a "ECS WordSeeker 3.5” podium microphone. It has a weighted base and a flex neck which allows positioning to suite your ergonomics. The ECS is somewhat unidirectional so it will hear the whistle and ignore most noises to the sides and nothing behind. Its sensitivity rating is -38db which means it does not need to be up close to the sound source like the headband mic. With the ECS mic the Giecy’s volume is considerably louder at 50% turn of the volume knob than the OEM headset is at 100% adjustment. Going higher created feedback in my small office space. The added sensitivity improved the range of the reverb so it can now be adjusted down to add just a touch of enhancement as preferred. The Giecy’s 3.5mm plug is mono and the ECS plug is stereo. I thought that might be a problem so my initial testing was done with a mono adapter over the ECS plug. That proved to be unnecessary.

The current price of the ECS is $25 at Amazon https://tinyurl.com/2p8acuux