Wrestling if time to sell Boisvert

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
preacher
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am in my 70s and played music since fourth grade. Paid gigs include everything starting with church solos in 4th grade, nightclubs starting 9th grade, and worship ministry. Had a 29 year career teaching high school music both choral and instrumental. I've played several instruments starting with trumpet as my main ax. I added flute, sax and keys after college. Early 2000s whistles were added to my arsenal. I'm back to playing again after a 5 year hiatus.

Wrestling if time to sell Boisvert

Post by preacher »

Yeah I have had this Boisvert/Greenwood Pipes D in blackwood for some time. Thought I would never part with it. It was always my favorite but a lot of things have changed and it is not getting played much at all. So I am wrestling with the idea of whether or not it is time to sell. If I do decide to how to set a price. It’s a beautiful player and I know his work is considered among the best.
Any thoughts?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: Wrestling if time to sell Boisvert

Post by Nanohedron »

Are you talking about pipes or a whistle?
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Roland of Gilead
Tell us something.: I make ceramic instruments called Ocarinas for a living but am also very fond of playing whistle and accordion for Irish traditional music

Post by Roland of Gilead »

Nanohedron wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:22 pm Are you talking about pipes or a whistle?
They're whistles. That's a company name that makes said whistle, I can see why it's confusing

Here's a link for reference:
https://www.irishflutestore.com/product ... od-c-d-set
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Roland of Gilead wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:46 pm
Nanohedron wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:22 pm Are you talking about pipes or a whistle?
They're whistles. That's a company name that makes said whistle, I can see why it's confusing

Here's a link for reference:
https://www.irishflutestore.com/product ... od-c-d-set
Yes, I'm familiar with the make and maker; I know Dave Boisvert personally, and had him refurbish a good but unfortunately awkward-looking full set of C pipes from the mid 1970s - he turned it into a thing of beauty befitting its musical qualities. He has an eye, that one, and the pipes he makes himself are IMO excellent both aesthetically and musically. My question here was that the OP included the word "pipes" but not the word "whistle", so in this case I needed that clarification.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Qiufan Zhu
Tell us something.: it.DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Post by Qiufan Zhu »

Great!Please contact me.
preacher
Tell us something.: I am in my 70s and played music since fourth grade. Paid gigs include everything starting with church solos in 4th grade, nightclubs starting 9th grade, and worship ministry. Had a 29 year career teaching high school music both choral and instrumental. I've played several instruments starting with trumpet as my main ax. I added flute, sax and keys after college. Early 2000s whistles were added to my arsenal. I'm back to playing again after a 5 year hiatus.

Post by preacher »

It’s a D Whisltle
preacher

Post by preacher »

Well I am still wrestling. If I do sell I would like this whistle to go to a good home where it going to be played. Also I wont ship out of continental USA. But still haven’t made final decision :-?
rhulsey

Post by rhulsey »

I've owned several of David Boisvert's whistles over the years. They were all nice, some nicer than others of course, and of some interesting wood species, too. My favorite, and I wish I'd never sold it, was made of purple gidgee. Beautiful to look at and play. Good luck.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities
can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
preacher

Post by preacher »

Well this Boisvert has found a new home. It will be being happily played regularly soon. :)