Suggestion: Remove/reduce the 12 pinned threads…

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
belayatron
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been learning the tin whistle for just under 2 years (as of Jan 2020) and wanting to learn more! Currently own about 11 High D whistles, 2 Low Ds, 2 Flutes and favourite tune is probably off to California with a general love of Irish Hornpipes.

Suggestion: Remove/reduce the 12 pinned threads…

Post by belayatron »

Hi,

Just a suggestion, as an in frequent visitor.

The site is great, but has multiple “pinned threads” at the top of each forum room. Many haven’t had updates for multiple years.

Eg the first 12 threads in the main room are all pinned.

It might be worth having a cull/consolidation of these at some point as, when viewed on a mobile, as an occasional visitor, the first impression is it’s a dead site as all the threads seem to have been last updated years ago…
You have to scroll down to realise there are active ones much further down, which might put off new whistlers from engaging?

Just a friendly suggestion from an occasional user/may be the sort of thing you don’t notice if you use regularly :-)
fatmac
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Re: Suggestion: Remove/reduce the 12 pinned threads…

Post by fatmac »

Interesting thought; I always use Quick Links - New Posts. :thumbsup:
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Since I started using the mobile reading through forums, I have moved to using 'active topics' as my overview. This is also more practical as the forums aren't by far as active as they once were.

That said, there are a number of pinned subjects thay could disappear: the years old Copeland update, for example, has long since become irrelevant. The makers directory and instruction threads are only worth keeping if they are maintained, which they are not. They are now more likely to send you up the garden path, chasing makers and teachers that have long since given up, moved, died or otherwise become obsolete. The recordings thread has it uses as a discography, but only up to the point it was last brought up to date.

But it is what it is and it is not a big deal living with things as they are. You become accustomed to a rake of stuff at the top of the forum pages that you can ignore. You blank it out.
My brain hurts

Byll
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

I have had the same thought for quite a long time. I salute you, Mr. Gumby.
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979