Windway cutting machine for sale!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Geoffrey Ellis
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Crafting fine quality folk flutes from around the world since 1997, my goal is to create beautiful instruments that have the best possible voice, tuning and response by mixing modern methods with traditional designs.

Windway cutting machine for sale!

Post by Geoffrey Ellis »

Attention any and all woodwind makers--I'm looking for a home for a rather specialized piece of gear.

Last year, I purchased an amazing tool from U.K. recorder maker Tim Crawford. He and a partner have created a new and improved version of Alec Loretto's windway cutting machine.

If you make recorders or wooden whistles of a particular design, this is a fabulous tool. I got it with a very specific project in mind, but then I had a complete change of direction in what I was making (taking a deep dive into bamboo flutes instead) so I had to scrap my idea. I did not get it for making recorders, but that is what it does best--that and any type of wooden fipple flute, including whistles.

You can see this on Tim's website:

https://fippleflute.co.uk/tools.html

If you scroll down the page you will find a link to a YouTube video that Tim made where he demonstrates this device. I can't say enough good things about the quality of workmanship on this. It is built like a tank and is something that will literally last for generations of professional use. But because it is so specialized, it's really meant for someone who wants to make wooden fipple instruments and is serious about it.

I paid $2400 US plus $350 freight from the U.K. I'm in California so any domestic shipping costs will be less, and I will entertain any serious offer. This machine is brand new--I literally sat down and tested it about half a dozen times after receiving it but never put it into production. So it has about an hour of actual use. Shiny and new :-).

If you are interested, you can e-mail me at: geoffrey(at)ellisflutes.com or you can PM me here on C&F.