Posting to Used Instruments Forum

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Peter Piper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hello, I have been playing the whistle for several years and play in a ceilidh band which is why I am interested in this forum. Irish Music is of great interest to me especially as I have Irish relatives.

Posting to Used Instruments Forum

Post by Peter Piper »

I'm fairly new to this forum (April 2022) and cannot understand why I am locked out of posting on the used instrument exchange.
Is there something that I am not doing, or is it just that you don't want us "limeys" to stay broke ??
Mr.Gumby

Re: Posting to Used Instruments Forum

Post by Mr.Gumby »

A matter of rules and regulations, see point 5.

A mod will come long shortly, no doubt, to explain and, probably, approve you for posting.
My brain hurts

Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Peter Piper wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:50 am I'm fairly new to this forum (April 2022) and cannot understand why I am locked out of posting on the used instrument exchange.
Is there something that I am not doing, or is it just that you don't want us "limeys" to stay broke ??
You've done nothing wrong or lacking, nor is Chiffco® burdened with an avuncular concern for your personal finances, wherever you hail from. Rather, due to a possible administrative oversight you seem to have slipped through the cracks, for you should have had full permissions 2 posts ago - but that's all fixed now. The UIE is now yours to use, you can also now send and receive PMs, and you can freely edit or delete your own posts within time restrictions. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

If you continue to have problems, please PM either myself, or Ben (benhall.1).
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Roland of Gilead
Tell us something.: I make ceramic instruments called Ocarinas for a living but am also very fond of playing whistle and accordion for Irish traditional music

Post by Roland of Gilead »

I too have had this issue, and I reached out using the contact admin feature twice to no avail. Instead, I ended up posting to the main whistle forum which seemed to serve it's purpose in the interim.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Thanks for alerting us, RoG. You too should now have full permissions, and I'm guessing your prior inability to contact Admin might have had something to do with that. FWIW, this is a relatively new system, and we're still getting used to it. If there are problems, again as ever, alert us by whatever means; if nothing else, for these purposes the forums are perfectly fine when it comes to getting the word out. Could be there are others with similar issues.

It's beginning to look as if this may be more a case of the Board needing a tuneup - which is in fact the case - than of Admin being derps. Maybe.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician