Whistle case in 3 minutes?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Hauke
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm an old folkie, play some instruments and made some own things, like different genres and play scottish and Irish music for over 30 years.

Whistle case in 3 minutes?

Post by Hauke »

I made myself some very safe cases. Want to share it with you. 😊

https://youtu.be/GBFX0u9jqAU
Alaskamike
Tell us something.: I just bought a Clarke Sweetone and I’m interested in learning how to play it. My goal is to be able to play the whistle without my family complaining too much.

Re: Whistle case in 3 minutes?

Post by Alaskamike »

Very nice! I made a similar case for my longbow (just a little bigger).
Did you put foam in the short tube, or is it just open? I'm thinking that you could cut down the longer tube so that the total closed length is the length of the whistle plus end caps. Then when you place the whistle in the tube the mouthpiece would stick out when you open it (so you don't have to dig in or shake the whistle out).

Mike
Hauke
Tell us something.: I'm an old folkie, play some instruments and made some own things, like different genres and play scottish and Irish music for over 30 years.

Post by Hauke »

You're absolutely right. I should shorten the tube.
You see it in the video. No foam in the short part.
Thank you.
:thumbsup:
ecadre
Tell us something.: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post by ecadre »

It needs some ventilation or you will risk some mouldy whistles.
Hauke

Post by Hauke »

ecadre wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:42 pm It needs some ventilation or you will risk some mouldy whistles.
I want to use it only for carrying. Not as a permanent case. I think the one for my fiddle is okay because of the missing moisture. Or could there be a problem, too?