A quiet practice whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
123dwight
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I’m an adult with little musical experience. I think whistle might be something I could do. I’ll never be one of the good players, but I can still have fun.

Re: A quiet practice whistle

Post by 123dwight »

You could try an electric penny whistle such as this:

https://www.warbl.xyz/

You can wear headphones and no one will hear you. It does cost more than most whistles, but you can play in any key. Or, you could use it as a low whistle that's easy to play.

Dwight
ecadre
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: A quiet practice whistle

Post by ecadre »

Mr.Gumby wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:22 am The Shush whistle always comes up in the context of quiet whistles. I have no idea if it's any good.

It does involve buying from the UK so you'll be hit with Brexit advantages (i.e. an import tax bill).
If you bought a Shush whistle then the import duty into Ireland (like in the rest of the EU) would be zero. You'd have to pay VAT at the Irish/EU rate, but not pay UK VAT.

If you bought a Shush whistle in the USA (ie. import it from the UK) then you would have to pay the same import duties (whatever they may be) as you did when the UK was part of the EU. You'd also have to pay whatever sales tax you have to in your sate, but no UK VAT. Again, the same as when the UK was in the EU.