(SOLD) FS: Low D Whistle (pics and sound file) - $100

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
msupples
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play the flute, uilleann pipes, highland pipes, whistles, and a few other things. [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

(SOLD) FS: Low D Whistle (pics and sound file) - $100

Post by msupples »

Low D Whistle, aluminum and tunable. Unfortunately I'm not sure who the maker is.

It has a fairly ethereal sound, quite nice. Size wise the hole spacing is basically identical to the MK Pro, but the holes (and whistle diameter) are a bit bigger. I've included a picture of the whistle next to an MK Pro and a Copley D Flute for comparison.

Will sell for $100, or best offer, with free shipping via USPS included within the continental US.

Sound clip: https://soundcloud.com/msupples/low-d-whistle

Last edited by msupples on Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mikethebook
Tell us something.: May 2022, I'm a second-time beginner to the whistle and low whistle after a three-year gap due to a chest injury brought to an end twelve years of playing. I've started on a high whistle and much is coming back quickly but it will be a while before I can manage a Low D again where my interest really lies. I chiefly love slow airs rather than dance tunes and am a fan of the likes of Davy Spillane, Eoin Duignan, Fred Morrison and Paddy Keenan.

Re: FS: Low D Whistle (pics and sound file) - $100

Post by Mikethebook »

Is it possibly a Lochlan? What would you charge to send it to the UK?
msupples
Tell us something.: I play the flute, uilleann pipes, highland pipes, whistles, and a few other things. [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Re: FS: Low D Whistle (pics and sound file) - $100

Post by msupples »

Mikethebook wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:10 am Is it possibly a Lochlan? What would you charge to send it to the UK?
Hey Mike, so sorry - this was snatched up pretty quickly and is sold.
Mikethebook
Tell us something.: May 2022, I'm a second-time beginner to the whistle and low whistle after a three-year gap due to a chest injury brought to an end twelve years of playing. I've started on a high whistle and much is coming back quickly but it will be a while before I can manage a Low D again where my interest really lies. I chiefly love slow airs rather than dance tunes and am a fan of the likes of Davy Spillane, Eoin Duignan, Fred Morrison and Paddy Keenan.

Re: (SOLD) FS: Low D Whistle (pics and sound file) - $100

Post by Mikethebook »

No problem. Sounded nice!
Mikethebook

Post by Mikethebook »

While this is still posted, can anyone identify the whistle? Is it a Lochlan?
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Mikethebook wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:20 am While this is still posted, can anyone identify the whistle? Is it a Lochlan?
Yes, it's a Lochlan. The OP identifies it as such on their Facebook listing.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Mikethebook

Post by Mikethebook »

Thanks. Can you send me the link, please?
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Mikethebook wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:35 am Thanks. Can you send me the link, please?
It's in the Facebook Group "The Irish Flute Marketplace" and you'd have to join the group to view it. Posting Date was April 25, 2022.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3454951 ... 346228345/
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
veloed
Location: Pacific Northwest - where even the dead trees are green

Post by veloed »

Hi Guys,
I was the one who purchased the Lochlan low D from msupples,
I have been wanting to have a go at making metal whistles of this ( big bore ) type, and when
this Lochlan was offered for sale, I snapped it up for the opportunity to study it up close ! :)
I have a full metal working and separate wood working shop to play in, -both on the machines, and
on my tooters !

Thanks Again for the great group, wonderful informative forum, and friends -

Ed Gilkison
Lakebay Washington USA
( where even the dead trees are green ! )
Mikethebook

Post by Mikethebook »

Thanks for the replies, guys. Ed, I sent you a private message.
Cheers
Mike