Mary Bergin Tutor Book 2

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Mikethebook
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: May 2022, I'm a second-time beginner to the whistle and low whistle after a three-year gap due to a chest injury brought to an end twelve years of playing. I've started on a high whistle and much is coming back quickly but it will be a while before I can manage a Low D again where my interest really lies. I chiefly love slow airs rather than dance tunes and am a fan of the likes of Davy Spillane, Eoin Duignan, Fred Morrison and Paddy Keenan.

Mary Bergin Tutor Book 2

Post by Mikethebook »

Does anyone own Mary Bergin's 2nd whistle tutor that they are willing to part with? Preferably in the UK. Her website has now gone so I'm presuming they are no longer available to buy new.
Many thanks.
Mr.Gumby

Re: Mary Bergin Tutor Book 2

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Mikethebook wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:02 am . Her website has now gone so I'm presuming they are no longer available to buy new.
It looks like it hasn't and they are
My brain hurts

Mikethebook
Tell us something.: May 2022, I'm a second-time beginner to the whistle and low whistle after a three-year gap due to a chest injury brought to an end twelve years of playing. I've started on a high whistle and much is coming back quickly but it will be a while before I can manage a Low D again where my interest really lies. I chiefly love slow airs rather than dance tunes and am a fan of the likes of Davy Spillane, Eoin Duignan, Fred Morrison and Paddy Keenan.

Post by Mikethebook »

I wrote to Mary and she fixed the website! Apparently, Book 3 is on the way!
macuaig
Tell us something.: Played recorders at an intermediate level several decades ago, trumpet years before that. Exploring whistles, piano and guitar these days.

Post by macuaig »

It’s the subpage /tutor.html that broke, and still is. But just go to the .com homepage and reselect the purchase page, that works fine.
Mikethebook

Post by Mikethebook »

Thanks. Good to know.
intheair
Tell us something.: Aspiring pipe and flute player, I've been looking here once in a while. Registering now because I want to contact someone selling a flute (aha!).

Post by intheair »

Well, I ordered Books 1 and 2 on Tuesday pm and received an email Wednesday (yesterday) morning telling me they had been shipped. Obviously, they're still available.

I'm puzzled by the comments about pages not working. Everything seems fine right now, and I'm quite sure I read the /tutor.html page before ordering on Tuesday. Could the problem be location-specific ?? (I'm in Canada)
macuaig
Tell us something.: Played recorders at an intermediate level several decades ago, trumpet years before that. Exploring whistles, piano and guitar these days.

Post by macuaig »

That’s been fixed now also. The internet is a changing thing. Let it go.
Brus

Post by Brus »

Mikethebook wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:01 am Book 3 is on the way!
Looking forward to that
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur. (Anything is more impressive if you say it in Latin)
Brus

Post by Brus »

Mikethebook wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:01 am I wrote to Mary and she fixed the website! Apparently, Book 3 is on the way!
I still don't see book 3 available on her website ...

:(
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur. (Anything is more impressive if you say it in Latin)
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Brus wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:20 am

I still don't see book 3 available on her website ...

:(
Some things can't be rushed, they come in their own time.
My brain hurts

jaicmeiriceanach

Post by jaicmeiriceanach »

Got this email from Mary today:
“ Hello Jack,
I know you are waiting ages for vol 3.
My part is done but I’m waiting for the graphics to come back to me for the final proof reading etc.. I have been promised that I will have it very early in the New Year.

I’ll keep you posted,”
😉