Recordernizer Whistle Stand

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Recordernizer Whistle Stand

Post by Loren »

The topic of finding a decent stand for multiple whistles comes up here from time to time and I recently found something inexpensive over on Etsy. Basically it’s a a simple wood base that’s been finished with a coat or three of what looks like some sort of poly finish. This base has 20 peg holes drilled into it and, surprise, 20 dowel rods roughly fitting the holes are included. I say “roughly fitting” because some fit into the peg holes well enough, but some were too loose and others fit way too tightly. This isn’t a big deal considering the price, particularly if you are planning to glue the dowels in place. A small container of wood glue is supplied for just that purpose.

The stand will hold whistles from at least Soprano Eb to Low D, I don’t have any whistles higher or lower than that to test.

Cost was $15 plus $11 for shipping to my destination, plus a few more bucks for the tax man.

All things considered, I think it’s a pretty good option for someone wanting/needing a basic stand to hold a bunch of whistles. Certainly nothing fancy looking, and you could make one cheaper if felt like going to the trouble, but for those who want something without going to the trouble, there you go.

Search Etsy for “Recordernizer” the sellers shop name is YourStoreCentral

Currently only 1 left in stock.

I have no connection to the seller and no financial interest whatsoever, just found this on Etsy, bought one for myself and since it’s not complete c*#p I thought the info might be of use to someone else. Use this info for good, or evil, the choice is yours.
RoberTunes
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a flute, guitar, keyboard + whistle player learning about quality whistles, musical possibilities and playing techniques. I've recorded a CD of my own music and am creating music for kids.

Re: Recordernizer Whistle Stand

Post by RoberTunes »

A stand I have was found in the tool section of a large auto/home supply store, a socket stand. Selling for about $10.
https://ca.images.search.yahoo.com/sear ... tion=click