Eddie Corcoran : "Eleanor Kane's" - 1967

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Eddie Corcoran : "Eleanor Kane's" - 1967

Post by kenny »

I was asked to post this on Youtube. Eddie Corcoran was a guest player on Seamus Tansey's first LP recording released in 1970. The recordings were made in 1967.
Seamus very generously gave him a couple of solo tracks, including this Ed Reavy reel, which deserves to be better known and played more.
https://youtu.be/wc2SdRAH4CA
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
StevieJ
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

Re: Eddie Corcoran : "Eleanor Kane's" - 1967

Post by StevieJ »

Thank you Kenny. Nice whistle playing and a Reavy tune you don't often hear (I never have, in fact!). :)
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

StevieJ wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:31 am a Reavy tune you don't often hear (I never have, in fact!). :)
It has been doing the rounds on the sly for years. I learned it long ago from Seamus and Manus McGuire's recording of it and had it sitting nicely on the pipes.

Eleanor Kane was, under her married name, the Eleanor Neary who played the piano on many great recordings. One of the few who played the melody on the right hand.
]

See here, if you are into that sort of thing.
Last edited by Mr.Gumby on Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
My brain hurts

kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by kenny »

From "Farewell To Ireland" CD #4 :
https://youtu.be/G9CCxhfIZCs
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Lovely. There's also one on the first Coleman archive cd, playing Kitty in the lane with Paddy Killoran. Bit on the quick side perhaps. Have heard others that I can't think of right now.
My brain hurts