The Collection Grows…

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
CAMcClellan
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I’m here because I have fallen in love with the sound of the whistle. I play other instruments, but not in public anymore. For me, I play music because I can’t not play music.

The Collection Grows…

Post by CAMcClellan »

Forgive me, for I have commItted a multitude of Syns.

And Sweetheart Fifed on impulse.

Need to stay away from the Irish Flute Store.
Darth Corpulent
Sith Lord of Tacos
syn whistles

Re: The Collection Grows…

Post by syn whistles »

Forgiven! :)
So good it has to be a SYN!
Narzog
Tell us something.: Can play several instruments at an unimpressive level. Currently most interested in whistling with a side of acoustic guitar.

Post by Narzog »

I check their used section almost every night, is where I got my MK low D.

I've actually thought of getting the Syn D + C and maybe + Bb. I've been having a hard time finding a C I like. I want one that doesnt overblow the low notes too easily. I've only had a Feadog and Tilbury. The feadog has a strong low end but I don't like the tone and the second octave needs to be pushed extra to not be flat (which a lot of other whistles are tuned like this, but its not my favorite tuning style). And I don't care for its tone either. The tilbury was way too easy blowing. Very weak low notes, very easy high notes. So not for me either. I've heard that Syn whistles take a bit more push? So maybe I'd like them. I feel like most high C's seem to be on the easier to overblow side. That seems to be what a lot of players want. And along with that, half the C's on the market are a D with a longer body, which usually makes it easier to overblow than its D counter part. I don't want a super hard push either, but the really soft delicate ones don't do it for me.

Enjoy your new goodies.
BigDavy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by BigDavy »

Narzog, as the owner of a D/C Syn set the C sounds vey nice. so does the C in the A to E mega set - I have to say my preference is for the B body it sounds lovely. (Btw the low D is good too).
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
CAMcClellan
Tell us something.: I’m here because I have fallen in love with the sound of the whistle. I play other instruments, but not in public anymore. For me, I play music because I can’t not play music.

Post by CAMcClellan »

Tomorrow is whistle day! Tomorrow is whistle day! Leaving work early to play! Yay!
Darth Corpulent
Sith Lord of Tacos