Tune Help

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
JTU
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have been playing the tin whistle for a year. I have never played a musical instrument before the tin whistle.

Tune Help

Post by JTU »

Is someone able to let me know where I can find the sheet music (or at least the ABC) for a Scottish tune titled, “Macfarlane O’ the Sprots O’Burnieboozie”. It is played on whistle by Alex Green on an Album titled “Whistle O’ver the Lave O’t”.
I don’t have the skills to work the tune out by ear.
Thanks in advance
JTU
fatmac
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Re: Tune Help

Post by fatmac »

Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.
kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by kenny »

"an educated ostrich frae the zoo in Timbuctoo...." They don't write 'em like that anymore :)
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
JTU
Tell us something.: I have been playing the tin whistle for a year. I have never played a musical instrument before the tin whistle.

Post by JTU »

Thanks - appreciate your help.
kenny

Post by kenny »

"JTU" - just for you, a recording some friends of mine made in 1989. The guy on the right of the photo is Scottish flute-maker George Ormiston.
https://youtu.be/45A2RhhLsnc
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
JTU

Post by JTU »

Thanks Kenny. Catchy little number isn’t it!
kenny

Post by kenny »

Hi JTU - Alex Green was a good friend of mine for many years. He and his wife Madeline introduced me to my wife over 30 years ago. I'm assuming you have Alex's CD, but he also recorded a VHS video tape at the same time of him playing the sets on the CD in various North-East of Scotland locations. It has been posted on "Youtube" here :

https://youtu.be/mGyNHFrsOG8

Hopefully, you might find it of interest.
A' the best, Kenny
JTU

Post by JTU »

Thanks Kenny I will certainly have a look at the video. I have been listening to Alex’s CD on Spotify.
He plays the whistle in the merry chirpy way I would like to be able to play (as if). It’s good that you have his music to remember him by.
Cheers
JTU