Any experience with Humphrey low whistles

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
maiingan
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hi;
I have an Oak high D, Generation Bb, Dixon Alto A, Tilbury Low G, Humphrey low F and a Howard low D.

Any experience with Humphrey low whistles

Post by maiingan »

Hi;
I'm looking at Humphrey Low whistles, the F in particular. No much said about them here, but what I found seems pretty good. I have an Alba F that has too much back pressure for me that I will eventually try to trade or sell. I like the recordings I have heard of the Humphrey whistles. I have a Howard low D I can play without issue and hit both octaves OK (3'rd beyond my ability yet). I also like how the Howard sounds. How is the back pressure on the Humphrey's? I'm in USA so that's a plus, no conversion since they are here too.
There are two types the Journeyman III and the Copycat whistles. Copycat costs more. Anyone played both, how do they compare?
Thanks;
Stay safe and hopefully healthy;

Patti
et succendam sibilus (blow the whistle) :thumbsup:
Narzog
Tell us something.: Can play several instruments at an unimpressive level. Currently most interested in whistling with a side of acoustic guitar.

Re: Any experience with Humphrey low whistles

Post by Narzog »

Whistletutor on youtube has a humphrey low F. You can try to message him and ask about it. You could also email Gary and ask about them. I havent heard a lot about Humphrey whistles and this info could be wrong, but I think they are on the soft blowing side, which you would probobly like.

Here he has his low F.
https://youtu.be/ESSJ6ZiprBo?t=164
maiingan
Tell us something.: Hi;
I have an Oak high D, Generation Bb, Dixon Alto A, Tilbury Low G, Humphrey low F and a Howard low D.

Re: Any experience with Humphrey low whistles

Post by maiingan »

Narzog wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:15 pm Whistletutor on youtube has a humphrey low F. You can try to message him and ask about it. You could also email Gary and ask about them. I havent heard a lot about Humphrey whistles and this info could be wrong, but I think they are on the soft blowing side, which you would probobly like.

Here he has his low F.
https://youtu.be/ESSJ6ZiprBo?t=164
I was just watching that video a few days ago. I emailed him some questions but haven't heard back yet.
Stay safe and hopefully healthy;

Patti
et succendam sibilus (blow the whistle) :thumbsup: