Looking for Ian Lambe low D whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
jgm
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I live in France and play the low whistle, uilleann pipes and accordions. I am always on the lookout for interesting instruments

Looking for Ian Lambe low D whistle

Post by jgm »

Hello, does anyone know where I might get hold of one of these whistles?
I tried one a while back and the finger placement and low air consumption were superb. Unfortunately, the owner did not wish to sell it to me!
stiofan
Tell us something.: I've been a C&Fer since 2003. Currently playing wooden flute & (mainly low) whistles, along with the bowed dulcimer.

Re: Looking for Ian Lambe low D whistle

Post by stiofan »

Someone on the forum was looking for one a few years ago, and it was suggested they check with Powell's in Galway. Probably a long shot, but might be worth checking anyway. Or Custy's in Ennis.

Seems to me the Lambe instrument website has been defunct for awhile, so it's unclear whether or not he/they are still making instruments.

There was one for sale in the UIE last year, but the seller decided to keep it.

Good luck!
Greg Connor
Tell us something.: I'm facinated by the simplicity and the ability of the irish whistle. I use it mainly for accent while recording music.

Re: Looking for Ian Lambe low D whistle

Post by Greg Connor »

I had an Ian Lamb and sold it a few years ago to someone in Sweden. I never got used to it. Maybe it was the easy blowing. I would always overblow and jump octaves.