2 strathspeys on John Sindt "D" whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

2 strathspeys on John Sindt "D" whistle

Post by kenny »

Sticking my head above the parapet here, but here's a bit of fun I had with guitarist Ron Pirrie at a concert in Dundee in 2001, supporting Noel Hill. I took "Colonel Fraser" and turned him into a strathspey - Fraser not being a particularly Irish name - so, "Colonel Fraser's Return To Scotland", followed by "The Rothiemurchus Rant", played as the "Graf Spee" in Ireland. We decided to play a wee musical joke on the audience near the end - clue in the introduction,[ which unfortunately isn't all that clear ] :
https://youtu.be/A839wpfqY90
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
BigDavy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: 2 strathspeys on John Sindt "D" whistle

Post by BigDavy »

Nice one Kenny.
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
benhall.1
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

Lovely stuff, Kenny. Pity about the scratch! :D
StevieJ
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

Post by StevieJ »

Lovely playing - Col Fraser is so convincing you have me wondering whether your speculative reworking isn't in fact evidence of the tune's true origin. :) Good joke, too.