Current price range on a used Copeland high D whistle …

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
chs1948
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Current price range on a used Copeland high D whistle …

Post by chs1948 »

A fellow session member (guitar player) is looking to sell a Copeland high D whistle and has no idea what price it might bring on the used instrument market. I bought mine for $500 about 12 years ago. Does anybody have any knowledge what it might bring, currently? Thanks, Chris~
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: Current price range on a used Copeland high D whistle …

Post by kkrell »

They have sold in recent months from $145 (a bargain on Facebook) to about $800.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
saintninian

Post by saintninian »

Did your friend tell you what material the whistle is made of? Nickel, brass, sterling silver?
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

Yes, more information is needed. Old style markings? newer markings? Tuning slide moveable? So many factors to consider. Worth merely means what it is worth to the seller and to any potential buyers. Value varies and often is a timely issue of when someone is selling and when someone is seeking a Copeland whistle.
Delsman
Tell us something.: I have played the whistle for a few years now. Love the discussions that happen in this group and the sale of used instruments.

Post by Delsman »

My most recent purchase of a copeland high D in Nickel was $650 on ebay from a month or two ago, and last year I got a differnet high D also in nickel and it was also purchased for $650.

Side note --

If your friend has a brass whistle please contact me ive been on the hunt for one!