Any contacts recently with Oz Whisles?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
maestrosid
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Any contacts recently with Oz Whisles?

Post by maestrosid »

Has anyone heard from Mitch Smith recently? I've been trying to contact him about an order and am getting no response to emails. Hoping the fires and the pandemic haven't been a problem. Thanks.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: Any contacts recently with Oz Whisles?

Post by kkrell »

It is exactly 7 months since he last posted on Facebook.

However, there is an update on his website as of April 15, 2020:
http://www.ozwhistles.com/news
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
maestrosid

Post by maestrosid »

Thank you. I missed the web update, and my last email was about that time. I have a prepaid order from last April, and no response to polite status requests since last August.
I feared there might have been some health issues, and that sounds like it may be the case. From all I have heard, he's a lovely person and I wish him and his family nothing but the best.
I'll wait to hear more.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

You might want to try again, as previous communications may have been lost.

PS. I lived in Rohnert Park briefly, while attending Sonoma State. Spent a lot of time in Armstrong Redwoods, Sebastopol, Guerneville, Petaluma, Sugarloaf Ridge. How's the area been, after all the fires?
maestrosid

Post by maestrosid »

Kevin,
I was there at the later stages of the fire and it felt like being on the edge of a war zone. Slow but sure recovery, but I imagine it's as crazy as everywhere else now. I spend most of my time on a boat on Mexico these days, so I don't have much current knowledge.
nightmagic
Tell us something.: German speaking
playing not a long time the whistle but want to learn more
happy with every help and looking for more information about Uileann Pipes
*********************************************************************************************
***********************************************************************************************

Post by nightmagic »

Hi all,
had someone recently contact with Mitch?
I have ordered in January 2 whistles but he does not answer any emails or call... nothing

I'm waiting now 7 month and no since if I ever get the whistles. Sorry but that's annoying

I know he is sick but the minimum could be to communicate with the customers and this would make it easy to wait for the whistles.

I'm fustrated :-?
kkrell

Post by kkrell »

nightmagic wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:35 pm Hi all,
had someone recently contact with Mitch?
I have ordered in January 2 whistles but he does not answer any emails or call... nothing

I'm waiting now 7 month and no since if I ever get the whistles. Sorry but that's annoying

I know he is sick but the minimum could be to communicate with the customers and this would make it easy to wait for the whistles.

I'm fustrated :-?
The last Facebook post was May 26, 2021. There does seem to be further decline. "I can barely make whistles any more,"

Per the OZ website "Due to health reasons, the little whistle shop in OZ dedicated to all whistlers is now closed for business. All outstanding orders will be completed as time permits. Inquiries are welcome. I will also honor any warranty repairs as a personal committment."

Also, on the site's NEWS page:
"Oz Whistles closed for business.

Due to health issues, I can no longer conduct my whistle manufacture as a professional business. THe few outstanding orders on the book will be completed as my condition allows. This may take longer than original estimates and I ask your patience. Inquiries are welcome.

Hopefully I will get the opportunity to build a few more whistles, but these will be few and far between and conducted as a hobby.

I thank my great customers for all their support over the years. I think you are a wonderful bunch of people and you add greatly to the cultural value of our society."