Clover flutes high whistle opinion

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Altazor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a Colombian flutist and whistler, I want to improve my ability and get a keyed flute, I am saving money for it, but the devaluation of my currency is terrible for this goal.

Clover flutes high whistle opinion

Post by Altazor »

I really wish to buy one of these whistles, any of you could give me a notice about the quality and playability of these instruments?

Thank you
Kind regards from Colombia
Hernan (" ) Altazor
outdoorwhistler
Tell us something.: your forum is about celtic and irish music, irish flutes, whistles, etc .
I am here because I too am a huge fan of celtic music.

Re: Clover flutes high whistle opinion

Post by outdoorwhistler »

[Thread revival. - Mod]

Dear members I am not sure this topic is a proper place but I coudn't find any better place so I want to share my thoutghs on Clover Flutes (by David Furman) here.

First of all He is very respectable. Being professional and meticulous in his business. However, I think recently he is so busy with making whistles with too many customers around the world, that it takes to much time for him to reply your messages. Sometimes there are two weeks and no response (I mean after your order!)

Also he said a whistle takes two months to be prepared but it took 4 and a half months for him to finish the instrument. I do not have any problem if he tells his customer from the beginning that it takes 6months, 1 year, etc, But it osnt very professional to pass your deadline, and replying your customers very very late.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

As in the original Poster's request, could you answer the question as to the quality and playability of the whistle (which I assume you ultimately received, or is it still on its way)? That would be valuable information, as are your comments on the estimated delivery and communication delays you experienced.

Thanks,

Kevin
outdoorwhistler wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:27 pm [Thread revival. - Mod]

Dear members I am not sure this topic is a proper place but I coudn't find any better place so I want to share my thoutghs on Clover Flutes (by David Furman) here.

First of all He is very respectable. Being professional and meticulous in his business. However, I think recently he is so busy with making whistles with too many customers around the world, that it takes to much time for him to reply your messages. Sometimes there are two weeks and no response (I mean after your order!)

Also he said a whistle takes two months to be prepared but it took 4 and a half months for him to finish the instrument. I do not have any problem if he tells his customer from the beginning that it takes 6months, 1 year, etc, But it osnt very professional to pass your deadline, and replying your customers very very late.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Marcas Ó Murchú plays those whistles, at least he said this whistle was made in Argentina. He told me he was very pleased with them.

My brain hurts

outdoorwhistler
Tell us something.: your forum is about celtic and irish music, irish flutes, whistles, etc .
I am here because I too am a huge fan of celtic music.

Post by outdoorwhistler »

He has to send the whistle by post but he has not yet.
kkrell wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:55 pm As in the original Poster's request, could you answer the question as to the quality and playability of the whistle (which I assume you ultimately received, or is it still on its way)? That would be valuable information, as are your comments on the estimated delivery and communication delays you experienced.

Thanks,

Kevin
outdoorwhistler wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:27 pm [Thread revival. - Mod]

Tou-Che

Post by Tou-Che »

I was playing in a session a couple months ago with Marcas and we talked about the very whistle in the picture above. I forgot the makers name but he did say it was from a maker in Argentina. He played a few tunes and an Air on it. It sounded very nice, more on the pure side and sweet with some body well into the second octave. It didn’t have that brain piercing effect in the high second octave notes. It was as loud as my regular bore Burke.

I didn’t play it so can’t comment on those qualitys but from what I heard I wouldn’t mind having one and Marcas is a great player so I’m sure it’s no slouch. I know nothing about the makers business practices.