Hello I'm new (I made a playlist)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
OOD
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Hello I'm new (I made a playlist)

Post by OOD »

Hello everyone I just heard about tin whistles a few months ago and I have one being shipped to me now. I've always listened to a lot of Irish music, but I never knew tin whistle was one of my favorite sounds I was hearing. I guess I always assumed I was hearing flute (which I also love to hear)

I've made a spotify playlist out of MTguru's list of recordings. It doesn't have everything that he listed. It's just my favorites out of the list.

My favorites on the playlist are: Frank Cassidy, Eitre, Brian Finnegan, Flook, Phil Hardy, and TinWhistler.

105 songs, 7hr 22min

https://open.spotify.com/user/j-pott/pl ... UaSslT7QV7

(I hope I didn't miss anything when I read through the rules. Please let me know if I've done something against the rules.)
Last edited by OOD on Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: Hello I'm new (I made a playlist)

Post by benhall.1 »

Hi OOD and welcome to the forums.

I'm not sure what you intended with the URL you pasted. Did you mean it to link to your list? If so, you may need to use the 'URL' function just above where you post. But, in this case, when I copy and paste the URL itself into my browser, I get a nice black and white picture of someone with a baseball cap over their face, lying with their head on a skateboard and the message "Sorry, this playlist is empty".

Ah. You've edited it now. I think it works - the link works and it takes me to a playlist at any rate. I'm getting the perpetual roundy-roundy thing, but that's probably just my browser playing up ...

... and now it's stopped going round, but it's just taken me to the main Spotify home page rather than a list. Ho hum ...
OOD

Post by OOD »

Thanks for your help, Benhall.1

I clicked the link above and it told me that I need Adobe flash to use the website version. I'm on a Apple computer. You also have to have to have a spotify account to listen IIRC.

spotify:user:j-pott:playlist:2WTdW05BVBzjUaSslT7QV7

^This link should work if spotify is already downloaded on your computer, but I don't think it works on web browsers.

Edit: This link has to copied and pasted into spotify's search in order to work.
Maeloc
Tell us something.: I love Emer Mayock, Matt Molloy, Jean Michel Veillon and Michael McGoldrick playing. My favourite flute makers are Hammy Hamilton and Solen Lesouef

Post by Maeloc »

Hi OOD, thank you for sharing your playlist. I also made several lists; you might find there some of the names in MTGuru's list and add them to yours (I just include 1 song for each recording in the lists in order to make them as short as possible)

https://open.spotify.com/user/agpym/pla ... GgPj4HTNDM
https://open.spotify.com/user/agpym/pla ... IgVZGeGYBS
https://open.spotify.com/user/agpym/pla ... 6IoVzbyWhQ

To those unfamiliar with Spotify; the link takes you to the Spotify logon page, you have to get an account to listen to the list.

No advertisement intended on my part, of course; just sharing :). I don't think posting Spotify lists is against any rule here; if it it so, moderators please let me know and I will remove these.
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

Maeloc wrote:I don't think posting Spotify lists is against any rule here; if it it so, moderators please let me know and I will remove these.
There's no rule here against it. Just so long as there's no rule on Spotify against it. But I wouldn't know that.
OOD

Post by OOD »

Maeloc wrote:Hi OOD, thank you for sharing your playlist. I also made several lists; you might find there some of the names in MTGuru's list and add them to yours (I just include 1 song for each recording in the lists in order to make them as short as possible)
Thanks for sharing these lists. I'll have fun going through them.