O'Riordan whistle order...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
JohnPalmer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by JohnPalmer »

As March is quickly approaching, I realize that it will be three years since I ordered a whistle from Pat. In that time I have talked to him twice, and he said that the wait was longer. I was wondering if any others, who ordered at around the same time, March of 2000, have yet received a whistle from him, or any mention of when it might be due. I have stopped the anticipation, because I really don't think I'll ever see what I ordered. But that's OK. I have since taken up the fiddle, and yesterday I picked up a very nice one, from the Bay area, c.1920's, with a very big sound, and it plays much better than the student model I'd been playing on. Gee, now how else can I change the subject?... I know. Spring has arrived, and the cherry trees are in bloom, and the sun has been out, and the weather has been gorgeous. How can anyone complain about not getting a whistle?

John Palmer

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JohnPalmer on 2003-02-24 01:51 ]</font>
Tak_the_whistler

Post by Tak_the_whistler »

I myself have not ordered from Pat but I take it that his waiting list is...what, at least three years!? Used to be 18 months (eons ago), some said two years, wasn't it...and now....hmmm

I do hope the whistle you ordered finished & gets shipped soon.

<><
T
Wombat
antispam: No

Post by Wombat »

You *can* get one John if you're prepared to pay the going price. :razz:

OK, I'll change the subject. Nice weather we've been having. Don't know about you.
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

Oh c'mon, John! John doesn't want a new john, he wants his O'Riordan.

And I don't want your john either, John, I want me Grinter (since, as you know, I just johned the list...).

Now, John, maybe you did get an O'Riordan up for grabs, hmm... What about swapping it for new concertina reeds, hmm ?
Brian Lee
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Brian Lee »

I think my order was placed in April of 2000 as well, and I haven't seen or heard anything yet either. My guess is they should be ready sometime soon though. I've waited long enough, at this point, what's another year?! :smile:

B~
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

On 2003-02-24 09:51, Zubivka wrote:
Oh c'mon, John! John doesn't want a new john, he wants his O'Riordan.

And I don't want your john either, John, I want me Grinter (since, as you know, I just johned the list...).

Now, John, maybe you did get an O'Riordan up for grabs, hmm... What about swapping it for new concertina reeds, hmm ?
:lol: No johns up for sale here. Now what makes you think I was prepared to offer the going price for an O'Riordan when I could satisfy my craving for a full set of Abells *and* get grinty all in the same week? Low and high F in the woods. My concertina reeds are doing just fine and I think they might just resent the idea that they need replacing.
Byll
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

Pat has told me he is behind schedule. Lots of his orders are multi-whistle orders, and this has caused a large part of the challenge. Keep the faith...
Best.
Byll
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Not to raise your anxiety, but, there's still a good chance Pat will come through. He'll call out of the blue one day to verify you still want your order. I believe that people have put in big orders with him, figuring it's their last chance. I'd give him another 6-8 months, seriously.

To change the subject, you came through the Bay Area and didn't let me know. You bum. I'd a gone fiddle shopping with you just for grins.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

* sigh * Here I'm stuck with a set of concertina reeds, but my dream of an O'Riordan down. I guess I can always convert them woodchips to clothes pegs?

I'll flip through these Screamin' Jay Hawkins records... maybe I can come up with some "Peg socks down the john" blues lyrics... Or is it be Yikes and Concertina Turner?
JohnPalmer

Post by JohnPalmer »

Tony, Sorry. I was thinking of giving you a call, but you would have been bored to tears. It took me 3 hrs. to pick out a fiddle. But what amazes me is that I only fed the parking meter 2 hrs. worth of quarters, and I did not get a ticket.

Hope to see you sometime.

John
ErikT

Post by ErikT »

John, I have notified the proper authorities who assure me that they will be rectifying the situation.

For law and order,
Erik :wink:
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Thank you, John. Watching you pick out a fiddle for 3 hours would have done me in for sure. We probably wouldn't be friends anymore.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

On 2003-02-24 01:38, JohnPalmer wrote:

Spring has arrived, and the cherry trees are in bloom, and the sun has been out, and the weather has been gorgeous. How can anyone complain about not getting a whistle?

John Palmer

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JohnPalmer on 2003-02-24 01:51 ]</font>
Fie, you!!! Cherry blossoms indeed! Harrumph!!!!

:evil:
Tak_the_whistler

Post by Tak_the_whistler »

So, guys, is it possible even to call him up as of now and have oneself got unto Pat's waiting list? It sounds like he's making whistles 247.....

<><
T

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tak_the_whistler on 2003-02-24 22:01 ]</font>
Vinny

Post by Vinny »

Just 2 things:

1. I ordered my O'Riordans in December 1999 and it took 32 months.

2. They were worth EVERY MINUTE of the wait!

Hang in there!

Vinny
"Grace . . . It travels outside of Karma."
- Bono -