OT: Dada

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
fancypiper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fancypiper »

Walden wrote: Many Scandinavian and Russian Dunkard Brethren, a sect so named for their baptismal practice of triple immersion, fled to southern Canada, and the eastern United States in the late 18th and early 19th centuries. They eventually found a haven in Mennonite areas of Indiana and Ohio, and, to a lesser extent, in largely Freewill Baptist communities of western Appalachia.
Hey, nice link and very appropriate for me at this particular time. July 4, I am joining the New Haven Church of the Brethren and have been considering writing a web site for them.

Our church (which my grandfather on my dad's side founded), since I have attended, has always had music, even before it could afford a piano. I can vaguely remember the hymnals having shaped notes and dad (daddy sang bass) was confused without the shapes when we first changed.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

fancypiper wrote:I can vaguely remember the hymnals having shaped notes and dad (daddy sang bass) was confused without the shapes when we first changed.
I remain an advocate of shaped notes. I have a site with the rudiments: http://s89015200.onlinehome.us/hymn/rudiments/
Reasonable person
Walden
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Shaped notes??? Don't you have to have synesthesia for that?
oleorezinator
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes I love tin whistles I love flutes I love irish music I love concertinas I love bodhrans

Post by oleorezinator »

what dis old world needs is a good 2 dollar room and a good two dollar broom.
Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love.
Love is not music. Music is the best.
- Frank Zappa