No Westcoast Whistle Gathering?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
tim-hart
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

looking forward to it

Post by tim-hart »

Hey all. Looking forward to it! I'll bring some yummy beers.

Cheers,

tim
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

But Tim, this is an alcohol-free and bodhran-free event! :lol: :lol:

It rained the last couple of days around here. It's sunny now. Whoo-hoo! I take it back what I said about the alcohol.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

We got mighty lucky with the weather. A couple of people canceled out because they were sick. Sorry we missed you. I had a great time.

In addition to the nice chair John Palmer left me, I know have a neck thingy for a fiddle, an uillean pipes tutor with cassette tape, a nice salad bowl and casserole tray with lid. Thanks guys.
Tony

Here are some <a href="http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/Ch ... tm">photos of the party.
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Tony, Dude, You've been holding out - I didn't know you had a cute Daughter........

Loren
LimuHead
Tell us something.: I'm not new here. I have been registered here for many years. I am not a spammer, though being from Hawaii, I do enjoy eating spam. Now the site is requiring at least 100 characters in this box. It would have been nice to know that bit of information before I hit submit the first time!

Post by LimuHead »

TonyHiggins wrote:We got mighty lucky with the weather. A couple of people canceled out because they were sick. Sorry we missed you. I had a great time.

In addition to the nice chair John Palmer left me, I know have a neck thingy for a fiddle, an uillean pipes tutor with cassette tape, a nice salad bowl and casserole tray with lid. Thanks guys.
Tony

Here are some <a href="http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/Ch ... tm">photos of the party.
Hey Tony, thanks to you and your family for hosting us! It was a lot of fun (especially starting the fire :D )!

The fiddle thingy is mine. Could you give it to Weekenders? I'll be able to get it from him soon.

Thanks for posting the pics! Any video or audio clips?
My CD! Click here to listen!
Whistle, uke, guitar, English concertina & more!: http://www.nowhereradio.com/onemanband
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Loren wrote:Tony, Dude, You've been holding out - I didn't know you had a cute Daughter........
Loren
That would only be sensible, wouldn't it?
The fiddle thingy is mine. Could you give it to Weekenders? I'll be able to get it from him soon.
Limu, you can bid like everyone else on ebay. :twisted: Dang it, I was just up at Weekender's giving him his stupid pizza pan. He was outside painting his fence and whining about it. Then he started talking politics and I got out of there.

Sorry, I didn't do any sound recording. I should have, though. Didn't we all sound amazing? (Like we thought we knew what we were doing...) Anyway, I got good feedback from the listening audience. They loved us.

So...Dana's in spring and back here in summer. We'll shoot for June next year. :party:
Tony
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

We should talk people into dancing more often! Playing for dancers is good fun.

Thanks for hosting, Tony. Your yard is beautiful!

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Thanks for nice party, Tony, and returning my mentally challenge 'za pan.

I will come by for Limu's fiddle thingie after work. If you're not there, I'll just egg your house. Tell Peggy.

But seriously, it was a nice atmosphere and we were lucky to have the nearly full moon and moderate weather.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

It was a great party, and the Higgins back yard worked wonderfully. Good music, good food and drink, and a setup that allowed easy mingling. Got a thumbs-up from my daughter, too - she really enjoyed herself. Thanks to Tony and whole Higgins clan for hosting us.

If people are up to it, I'll plan a winter/early spring party here in San Jose, but I'll admit a severe case of Yard Envy.
feadogin

Post by feadogin »

Thanks for hosting yet another good party, Tony. Enjoy the leftover bubbles... :)

Just think, I'll be bringing the little future musician to the next gathering! I'm sure he will like music cause he's already heard a lot of it.

Justine
stiofan
Tell us something.: I've been a C&Fer since 2003. Currently playing wooden flute & (mainly low) whistles, along with the bowed dulcimer.

Post by stiofan »

A big thanks to Tony (and Peggy) for opening their home to all of us for yet another c&f gathering. I couldn't stay long this time, but enjoyed all the music (and dancing as well) while I was there. Good food, good tunes, and good camadarie all around.

Thanks again, look forward to seeing you all again sometime.

Stephen

p.s. Tony--I was trying to give away that piping tutor you found, and must have forgot to mention it. If you know anyone who might have an interest in it, feel free to pass it along.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

So that's who left that tutor! I thought it was part of the extended Davy Spillane low whistle controversy.

Higgins, I came by (5:15 yesterdy) and you dared not be there. I'm bringing the eggs next time. Semi-seriously, I will see Limu on the 22, so will try to get it before then.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Higgins, I came by (5:15 yesterdy) and you dared not be there. I'm bringing the eggs next time. Semi-seriously, I will see Limu on the 22, so will try to get it before then.
Well, Weeks, if you can pry yourself away from that fence for a couple of hours, there's a session this Sunday at someone's house. I think I could sneak you in. But, you have to remind me to bring the fiddle thing.

Glad everyone had (or at least, stated they had) a good time. I certainly did. My wife, kids, mom, sisters, and brothers-in-law thought you guys were good eggs (with minor exceptions.) Just kidding.

I think I'll keep the uilleann pipe tutor and tell Peggy I'm getting a set. If she gets to have a yapping dog, hey...
Tony